Turn on thread page Beta

Girs: how long do you keep underwear before throwing it away? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a few bras which I have had for about a year and they are perfectly fine, where as others go retarded after only a few washes.

Is there an unwritten rule for how long you can keep bras and knickers for?! Is 2 years considered too long to keep knickers for?!

So yeah, spill the beans :rolleyes:

(Original post by dancingshoes10)
    I have a few bras which I have had for about a year and they are perfectly fine, where as others go retarded after only a few washes.

Is there an unwritten rule for how long you can keep bras and knickers for?! Is 2 years considered too long to keep knickers for?!

So yeah, spill the beans :rolleyes:
    Pics or it didn't happen..

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well if there's nothing wrong with it then I don't see why you shouldn't keep it! My knickers don't usually last a year because I just buy cheap ones that look nice and as soon as they start fading or the colour goes funny I throw them away. Same with bras - when they feel loose I throw them away. I bought a bra for £40 and it's been over a year since I've had it and it's still perfect so I don't see why it should be binned!

Oh and I wouldn't want to keep knickers for 2 years.. it's different with bras.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.weirdasianews.com/2008/11...lgirl-panties/

ReputationRep:
    bras last longer in you hand wash them

ReputationRep:
    i just throw it out when it needs to be thrown out. knickers this is usually about a year? when the colour runs, or they start to pill or loose stretch.
    bras? hmm, tend to do it when they start to get loose, or in the case of lace ones when they loose he stretch in the cups of start to pill

ReputationRep:
    I throw my underwear away when it
    1) loses elasticity
    2) gets discoloured
    3) falls apart

:lurk:

hey all :ninja: keep the feedback rolling in :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    if there nothing wrong with them then there no reason to throw them away

you could make money from ones that you don't want by selling them as there is a market for them especially in japan, can make quite a bit of money by doing that

ReputationRep:
    Is there a place where I can subsricbe to this thread

ReputationRep:
    As SOON as they're even the slightest bit not perfect. I can't stand the thought of wearing trampy underwear :eek: I recommend this to everyone else too!!

ReputationRep:
    Erm probably only when they are starting to fall apart. I dunno, its not really something i regularly think about, if they are breaking then they need throwing, other than that i dont see the point.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't know im a lad lol I would of known if i had a gf but o'well my time will come eh

ReputationRep:
    Er is a year supposed to be a long time to own a bra? I haven't bought any new bras in the last year.

ReputationRep:
    When they start to look tatty and horrible usually!

ReputationRep:
    I feel trampy, but I have some underwear 2, 3 years old. I just throw it out when it starts to look a bit sorry for itself. I do have some good quality underwear though, and some I don't wear too often, so that may be why.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a time limit, I just chuck stuff when it no longer fits me/is worn out. That goes for all my other clothes. I still have pants that I bought when I was around 14.....I'm now 21.

edit: just because I feel like a total scab now, I have thrown some underwear away. I find lace knickers tend to wear out quite quickly, for instance.

ReputationRep:
    I still wear my nice bras from when I was in school. There's nothing wrong with them and they're still perfect. Pants I would keep at 3 years at best.

I suppose it depends how well you keep them but I always like to "update" my knickers usually every two years cause I end up in the underwear section and start thinking "oooh those are pretty they'll look good on me". XD

ReputationRep:
    usually when the colour fades

ReputationRep:
    I stop wearing them after they get tatty but i throw them out when i have an underwear drawer cull (leap years usually). Most of time they just sink down to the ne'er-worn underbelly of the underwear drawer along with my suspender belt, thongs and bikini. I always wonder if one day i'll be emptying it for a cull and a sedimentary rock with a bra fossil will drop out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.