Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girs: how long do you keep underwear before throwing it away? Watch

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the link! :p: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I still wear kids underwear, some of which I've had 6+ years, as most 'adult' sizes are reallly baggy and fit horribly. I must have hundreds of pairs which kind of justifies keeping them so long.

ReputationRep:
    Pants: Generally if the elastic goes, the colour fades or it gets discoloured. I usually buy rubbishy primark pants though, so they last about 6 months at best.
    Bras: Unless their elastic/clasps/adjustable straps are gone then I'll keep them. Or, if my size has changed drastically then I'll get rid of all but one (just in case) and buy at least two new ones.

ReputationRep:
    keep them til they don't fit or til they're tatty. i stilll have underwear from a few years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    I throw my underwear away when it
    1) loses elasticity
    2) gets discoloured
    3) falls apart
    This. Or if my size changes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oodalallyoodalally)
    I stop wearing them after they get tatty but i throw them out when i have an underwear draw cull (leap years usually). Most of time they just sink down to the ne'er-worn underbelly of the underwear draw along with my suspender belt, thongs and bikini. I always wonder if one day i'll be emptying it for a cull and a sedimentary rock with a bra fossil will drop out.
    If that happens please tell me... i could get a PhD thesis out of it! :P

ReputationRep:
    If that happens please tell me... i could get a PhD thesis out of it! :P
    The scientific community would marvel but i think it's already been done (minus the bra i hope) in my brothers sock drawer.

ReputationRep:
    When the elastic or fabric starts to go, or ribbons start to fray, that are unsavable.

ReputationRep:
    The scientific community would marvel but i think it's already been done (minus the bra i hope) in my brothers sock drawer.
    Ah, so there's more than one case study... excellent.

ReputationRep:
    When my panties start being uncomfy or too small for my penis :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    When the elastic goes or the colour fades or just general tattyness sets in. Some makes do seem to go on loads longer than others though!

ReputationRep:
    This thread needs the assistance of pictures.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so there's more than one case study... excellent.
    I'm imagining an evil scientist gleam in your eye. No vivisection, right?

ReputationRep:
    I'm imagining an evil scientist gleam in your eye. No vivisection, right?
    Deal. I'm only interested in things that died millions of years ago! :P

ReputationRep:
    as long as the suff is ok and usable i alwys keep it, but if it is already worn out.. i just throw it away.

ReputationRep:
    I keep underwear until it starts falling apart/the elastic's gone all stretchy etc. No point in throwing stuff away just because it's gone a bit faded or whatever!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.