Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    About 5 days ago I received an offer through post from Cardiff University, it said information about the offer will be on UCAS and it offered me to go to an open day.

I have looked on UCAS Track everyday now and there is nothing in the decision column or any news other than telling me my choices have been sent for consideration.

How long will I have to wait until I find out the type of offer? might there be a problem? should I get in touch?

Thanks in advance for any help!! xxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    ring UCAS and tell them to get their act together.

ReputationRep:
    I had this with my Pharmacy place and it took 2 weeks for it to show up on UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    Did you pay £19 to be mucked about?
    I didn't think so, ring them up demand and explanation, tell them to sort themselves out.
    And if they don't, you want a refund.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Nebula)
    Did you pay £19 to be mucked about?
    I didn't think so, ring them up demand and explanation, tell them to sort themselves out.
    And if they don't, you want a refund.
    What has UCAS got to do with anything in this context?

UCAS can only process offers they have been informed about by the universities, and sometimes universties take a long time to send details of offers they've given to UCAS. I certainly waited a week or more after getting notification that I'd be getting an offer for it to come up on track.

OP - you don't need to do anything at the moment. Obviously if it gets to a month or something ridiculous and there still isn't anything on track then you would contact CARDIFF (not UCAS) and ask them what is happening with your offer and why it isn't on track yet. However, I suspect it will just take some time to show

ReputationRep:
    My RHUL offer took just over a week to appear on track. I really wouldn't worry.

Be patient. It does sometimes take them a while for offers through post/email to turn up on track.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses i was hoping that be the case, i guese i should be more patient!

There is a form which I need to fill out about the open day visit but i want to wait until i see what kind of offer i get before sending it, do u think thats a good idea or are they in a hurry for it? xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnniexXx)
    Thanks for the responses i was hoping that be the case, i guese i should be more patient!

There is a form which I need to fill out about the open day visit but i want to wait until i see what kind of offer i get before sending it, do u think thats a good idea or are they in a hurry for it? xxx
    Well, does it have a date for returning it by or give any indication as to when they expect to receive it? If it's somewhere that you can see yourself attending then you should definitely go anyway, and even if not then it gives you something to compare against for other universities.

ReputationRep:
    I have exactly the same thing! I got an offer from Kings a week ago, but nothing on track! I'm just trying to be patient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLittleOne16)
    I have exactly the same thing! I got an offer from Kings a week ago, but nothing on track! I'm just trying to be patient.
    Universities often have a lot of paperwork to do before they finally get around to telling UCAS the details of your requirements.

It took me around a week to receive each of my offers from the date of receiving the 'we want to extend an offer to you' email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ari Ben Canaan)
    Universities often have a lot of paperwork to do before they finally get around to telling UCAS the details of your requirements.

It took me around a week to receive each of my offers from the date of receiving the 'we want to extend an offer to you' email.
    Thanks, it did eventually show up on track, but it turned out Kings had got really confused! they sent me an email saying "we are still considering your application" AFTER the offer one O.o but it's all sorted out now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ari Ben Canaan)

Really? It's the other way round for me, I got an offer from one of my choices on Track on 8th November and then an email from them telling me I was getting one on 18th November. The other two were an email and a letter a couple of days after getting the offer on Track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StacFace)
    Really? It's the other way round for me, I got an offer from one of my choices on Track on 8th November and then an email from them telling me I was getting one on 18th November. The other two were an email and a letter a couple of days after getting the offer on Track.
    Wow

ReputationRep:
    It's not UCAS at fault, it's the university. Seriously, you have until June to consider your choices... grow up.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.