Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are they handing out medical licenses like candy now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Awww. Well aren't you a pissy little reject?
    somewhat harsh but within the bounds of 'fair comment'

You identify that most of the people replying are NHS students/graduates (a.k.a authoritative figures in healthcare) yet their arguments are invalid, yet you've spent A WHOLE YEAR TRAINING AS A PARAMEDIC AND ARE A NURSING AUXILLARY?

A WHOLE YEAR?
    we could should we so chose to point out that

1. you were never allowed out on an ambulance without a 'grown up'

2. as a HCA you do not make clinical decisions

and consequently you have no relevant managerial experience in healthcare ....

and being facetious ... now run along and do some damp dusting or count some blankets until the next time you are needed to assist in the delivery of actual healthcare under the supervision of a registered, accountable practitioner, there are some HCAs i'd trust with my life but they are the ones who realise just how little they know (there's one exception to that but she used to be registrant but didn't reapply to the register after a long period off work with health problems )

Nobody in healthcare pretends the NHS is perfect, but EVERYONE can spot a whiny little runt like you from a mile off when they wander into A+E looking for a lawsuit.
    again harsh , but within the bounds of 'fair comment'

Can you give us some more wisdom from your year in training?
    how about answering the 4 questions posed earlier, questions which anyone who professes to give an expert opinion on the topic should be able to answer easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I am curious to know what 20% of a license lets you do :eyeball:

All the candy in the world or being a doctor....This is a tough choice to make.
    The 20% is the swagga :danceboy:

(and the actual degree bit)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    She did complain, A LOT.

You can't tell me that my situation was unimportant. The skin on my face was red raw, because of the doctor misdiagnosing the condition.

I would have liked for my Doctor to have said that to me if I'd have complained to him.

(I was about 13 at the time).

You know when i was younger i was told i just had congestion, when actually i had asthma and had an attack a few weeks later. I wasn't fussed, i didn't blame the doctors as these things happen

It was a mistake of the doctor, but acne and ezcema can be easily mixed up, i was also told i had acne as a teenager when it was roseca and psoriasis...it's not the end of the world, it's human and thats life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    Bathroom door, it was locked. And he couldn't get up and open it himself. So you think it's acceptable to send somebody home in pain, on public transport in middle of winter, with no painkillers?
    And if they had kept a bed for him because it was cold, you'd probably be complaining that one of your friends was in A&E but couldn't be admitted because they had no beds free. And if they had paid for transport home, you;d probably moan about what a waste of the taxpayers' money it was.

You just sound like an ignorant **** tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    somewhat harsh but within the bounds of 'fair comment'

we could should we so chose to point out that

1. you were never allowed out on an ambulance without a 'grown up'

2. as a HCA you do not make clinical decisions

and consequently you have no relevant managerial experience in healthcare ....

and being facetious ... now run along and do some damp dusting or count some blankets until the next time you are needed to assist in the delivery of actual healthcare under the supervision of a registered, accountable practitioner, there are some HCAs i'd trust with my life but they are the ones who realise just how little they know (there's one exception to that but she used to be registrant but didn't reapply to the register after a long period off work with health problems )

again harsh , but within the bounds of 'fair comment'

how aobut answering the 4 questions posed earlier.
    How about* reading the thread again and taking note of the point I was making about this thread generally referring to the neglect and lack of attention to their work that some healthcare professionals have.

I wish I had my Xray so I could show you. A monkey could've pointed out the protruding bone. Granted maybe I was wrong about the rib injury; i thought they required support. Though I still don't believe the transport and analgesia issues are very fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    And if they had kept a bed for him because it was cold, you'd probably be complaining that one of your friends was in A&E but couldn't be admitted because they had no beds free. And if they had paid for transport home, you;d probably moan about what a waste of the taxpayers' money it was.

You just sound like an ignorant **** tbh.
    Everybody needs to stop jumping the gun to post ignorant replies and read the goddamn thread properly.

Where did I ask them to admit him? Some adequate painkillers and not shunting him to a bus stop in subzero temperatures would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    How about* reading the thread again and taking note of the point I was making about this thread generally referring to the neglect and lack of attention to their work that some healthcare professionals have.

I wish I had my Xray so I show you. A monkey could've pointed out the protruding bone. Granted maybe I was wrong about the rib injury; i thought they required support. Though I still don't believe the transport and analgesia issues are very fair.

instead of complaining on here about neglect and lack of professional attitude some healthcare workers have, why not make a formal complaint instead? none of us on here can do anythign about it

ReputationRep:

have you considered writing for the Daily Heil ? you've more relevant experience than their favourite expert on Nursing ... at least your ward based experience is in this century rather than 50 years ago ...

i notice you are still swerving providing the justifications for your assertions , i even laid the questions out for you ...

ReputationRep:
    Everybody needs to stop jumping the gun to post ignorant replies and read the goddamn thread properly.

Where did I ask them to admit him? Some adequate painkillers and not shunting him to a bus stop in subzero temperatures would be nice.

if he can get there by bus...he can go home by bus

Patient transport services are for the vulnerable and those who really need it, not for some 20yr old bloke who can more than capable get home and take a bus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    instead of complaining on here about neglect and lack of professional attitude some healthcare workers have, why not make a formal complaint instead? none of us on here can do anythign about it
    My friend may do so if he feels it's necessary. My injury healed, and I don't see the point in doing so, it wouldn't go anywhere. It was just a general rant.

ReputationRep:

If you're not going to shunt him to a bus stop, what are you going to do? Pay for a taxi or admit him.

And yet I'm the ignorant one.

ReputationRep:
    as i said in my reply , simple analgesia is far cheaper over the counter , yes the ED could have given him a small box of paracetamol and a small box of ibuprofen , the patient would then recieve a bill for 14.40 GBP a for a two item NHS prescription ....
    The patient has to pay for an NHS prescription? :eek:

I thought prescriptions were free!

ReputationRep:
    I just found out a friend slipped and broke his ribs in the shower. His friends had to break the door down and he went to hospital, and has now been sent home without any support and no painkillers. He couldn't get through to his friend so he had to go home on the ******* bus.

Remind me, what's the point in free healthcare if you don't actually get it?
    erm what do you want them to do about it if its just an uncomplicated rib fracture yes they hurt like hell but you cant exactly strap it up.

(Original post by crazylemon)
    Yep. Got mine with my coco pops thismorning.
    Now now lemon that doesnt mean you get to skip lecture or firms

ReputationRep:
    have you considered writing for the Daily Heil ? you've more relevant experience than their favourite expert on Nursing ... at least your ward based experience is in this century rather than 50 years ago ...

i notice you are still swerving providing the justifications for your assertions , i even laid the questions out for you ...
    Yes I'm ignoring your power trip, because my current degree has nothing to do with healthcare or biology; there's a reason I made such a large sidestep from doing biology and healthcare for the last six years to doing English & Teaching: I never want to do another ******* biology exam in my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leto)

boy are you going to have a shock next time you need a prescription...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leto)

Prescriptions are £7.20. Free if you're in full-time education and various other categories, but otherwise, £7.20.

ReputationRep:
    It would be a reasonable, although somewhat banal, to state that there are a small minority of healthcare professionals who have a lack of attention to their work. To acuse people of neglect is extremely strong and certainly not well founded in any of your arguments.

As for the transport issue - as a former paramedic trainee - do you think it reasonable your friend with the rib fractures should have had an ambulance to take him home? :dontknow: I mean why not go whole hog and have the lights flashing to so he can get home quicker? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I agree with most of the people replying in this thread.

If not "shunting him to a bus stop" then what is the solution? Money or being admitted. Then you'd be complaining that the NHS spends too much money on unnecessary things when you really need their help and you're on a waiting list. They can't win.

You've got a free healthcare system, claiming against them, suing them etcetera is just making the problem worse. I know you don't want to do that, but you apparently want them to pay for taxis for people who are able to take buses. Can you imagine how expensive that would be if they did that for everyone?

Most countries do not have a free healthcare system. We have this, but we also have the chance to go private if you aren't satisfied. If you don't like it then don't use it - but wait, you will want to use it if God forbid you or your friends ever do have to go through a costly procedure which actually requires after care. Then you'll be glad they're not spending all their money on taxis home for young men.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    Seriously though, I went to the Doctors because I had a rash on my face and he told me I had acne. I was given some gel to put on every night, but when I put it on it burnt like hell I'd cry after putting it on so my mum made me stop. Then she put sudocrem or something like that on it. Turns out it was eczema.

WHAT THE HELL.

Also my mum made me go the doctors for stress and my doctor made me do star jumps. Is that what you learn on the degree?
    they might learn that exercise releases endorphines, endorphines decrease stress levels make you HAPPY.

Sometimes the right diagnosis isn't always easy to make... The amount of stuff doctors have to carry round in our heads all day! why can't people give them a break, they're human not infallible.

*sigh* ******* patients

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leto)

TTOs from the Emergency dept or outpatients are chargable prescriptions same as GP scripts ... assuming of course you don't fit into one or more of categroies for exemption

drugs given by the ambulance service, in hospital and on discharge follwing an inpatient stay are 'free'

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.