Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I just sit next to her? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    before lecture, the girl i like is always sitting on her own as i go in. however, i never sit next to her because her friend (female), who is also in this lecture, always comes late and sits next to her and i feel it wouldn't be right to distract them, so refuse to sit next to her. its partly that and partly the fact that i think she knows i like her and will think thats why im sitting next to her.

but do you think i should just sit next to her?

ReputationRep:
    do it! regret doing something rather than not doing it, especially if you're interested in her she will be flattered =]

ReputationRep:
    If there isnt any space, then sit next to her, if there are seats left and you sit next to her, shell be like wtf, atleast ill be thinking wtf

ReputationRep:
    i also think you should go for it... take a chance she might like you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    If there isnt any space, then sit next to her, if there are seats left and you sit next to her, shell be like wtf, atleast ill be thinking wtf
    there are sooooo many seats available. we do chat to each other (a bit), i should add.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, totally go for it, no harm in sitting next to her. Sit down, don't say anything at first unless she says something, get your stuff out etc and while she's waiting for her friend strike up a conversation, maybe about the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    there are sooooo many seats available. we do chat to each other (a bit), i should add.
    Then if you sit next to her be prepared to talk, dont just sit next to her and stare at her

ReputationRep:
    He who snoozes, loses, as the saying goes...

ReputationRep:
    Stop over thinking it is my advice.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Go for it, either just sit there or be like hey this seat taken?

I end up sitting next to whomever in lectures. That said I always sit in the same corner.. as do the rest of my friends so usually by someone I know or someone not as late as me! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoody555)
    He who snoozes, loses, as the saying goes...
    This, I recently done same and i lost :o:

Just have a question, like sit down and be like hey how are you?

"did you manage to do problem x on the sheet, cos i got a bit unsure on what bit y meant?" then just play it by 'ere on the reply =)

ReputationRep:
    Just do it, you only live once.
    Literally what is the worst that could happen? Then think what is the best thing that can happen? Is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    before lecture, the girl i like is always sitting on her own as i go in. however, i never sit next to her because her friend (female), who is also in this lecture, always comes late and sits next to her and i feel it wouldn't be right to distract them, so refuse to sit next to her. its partly that and partly the fact that i think she knows i like her and will think thats why im sitting next to her.

but do you think i should just sit next to her?
    Just do it...
    Don't take the excitement out of life.

ReputationRep:
    TBH us girls loove hanging out with eachother but we realise it puts some guys off? Coming over and starting a conversation shows confidence, we'll get talking too and all get involved. If there's more than 2 people, it's a bit more tense and restricted. Coming over means everyone will be more relaxed. Chill out and just go for it Its cool! :P

ReputationRep:
    It's even better if her friend is there! Just go sit next to her and start a conversation. Say something polite first like: "I hope I'm not interrupting..." . good luck

ReputationRep:
    *Worst case scenario* "what the **** do you want?"
    *Best case scenario* You get it onnnnnn.

Question is, are you man enough?

ReputationRep:
    if her friends there, i'll leave them two to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj1234567890123)

the worst case one, she wouldn't say, but might think it.

but if i look at it like the way you say, i should go for it. but am i man enough? me? no.

ReputationRep:
    sit next to her and ask her something about the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj1234567890123)

interesting cases lol

perhaps the best scenario is to pretend to not know what the lecture is on or to say you forgot something about the course and wanted to ask...

it would just seem creepy to go up to her straight away, i would recommend you take a risk OP. either scenario leads to a result that you can learn from

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.