Free internet and text?! Watch

In2deep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I just bought a new SIM with the "Monthly Text & Internet Reward" from T-Mobile but apparently I won't get free internet because I have a Blackberry:eek3:

Is there anyway around this and how will they know I have a BB??
Harv616
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That sounds odd, it shouldn't matter what kind of phone you have.

I have unlimited texts and internet on o2 pay as you go, if I top up £15 a month.

But that's only if you wanted to switch networks.
In2deep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Harv616)

I have unlimited texts and internet on o2 pay as you go, if I top up £15 a month.

Very odd indeed, I've got the SIM now anyways and I'll try it out. £10 is better than £15, that's why I didn't get the O2 deal

Any Idea how they'll find out which phone I have?
addylad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Harv616)

:facepalm:

You only get a 500mb allowance on TEXTANDWEB, read the terms and conditions. Texts are virtually unlimited, 12 000.
Hendy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by In2deep)
I just bought a new SIM with the "Monthly Text & Internet Reward" from T-Mobile but apparently I won't get free internet because I have a Blackberry:eek3:

Is there anyway around this and how will they know I have a BB??
Who told you that you won't get the free internet? As far as I know, it shouldn't matter what phone you are using to browse the web; the free internet still applies.

However, usually when you buy a Blackberry on a contract (or Orange PAYG), there is a web allowance (for general internet browsing), and then a separate allowance for Blackberry's Push Email service. Since you are not on a specific Blackberry tariff, you won't be able to use this dedicated Push Email service, but that won't stop you from doing general web browsing.

Hope this makes some sense!
In2deep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hendy)
Who told you that you won't get the free internet? As far as I know, it shouldn't matter what phone you are using to browse the web; the free internet still applies.

However, usually when you buy a Blackberry on a contract (or Orange PAYG), there is a web allowance (for general internet browsing), and then a separate allowance for Blackberry's Push Email service. Since you are not on a specific Blackberry tariff, you won't be able to use this dedicated Push Email service, but that won't stop you from doing general web browsing.

Hope this makes some sense!
"Successfully top-up £10 in a calendar month and we'll give you unlimited free texts and internet on your phone to use during the next month. We'll send you a text to let you know you've earned the reward. Customers with a Blackberry on pay as you go won't be able to use the internet part of the reward but will still be able to use their unlimited texts."

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/terms...pay-as-you-go/

Thanks for the advice, I'm just going to try it. It's almost the beginning of a new month.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (54)
29.03%
No - I got the required grades (109)
58.6%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.37%

Watched Threads