Turn on thread page Beta

AQA PSYA3 - What do you think is going to come up watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki =])
    Would anyone be able to post the paper after the exam? I'm only doing this in June but I'd still like to know what questions come up for aggression, sleep & relationships. Or just the questions will do
    Good luck to you all anyway!
    I'm studying these topics so yeah I'll post em, the paper will be on the AQA website before June anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonbassman)
    I'm studying these topics so yeah I'll post em, the paper will be on the AQA website before June anyway.
    No it won't, it'll only be on like October/November. But thanks though

ReputationRep:
    Vikki's right, AQA still haven't uploaded a copy of the June unit 1 and 2 papers - I think they do it a while after the next exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki =])
    No it won't, it'll only be on like October/November. But thanks though
    Ah right well I'll message you or something on fri

ReputationRep:
    yeah the nature of sleep of course it is a bit of everything, think about it!

the function of sleep comes under the nature of it and so does lifespan changes. there are hundreds of studies you can use just look some up on the internet...

you can also speak a little bit about sleep disorders but there is so much to write about already you probably won't have time.
    in a way that is harder beacuse there is so much to write about you may just get sidetracked i tell you know if i hadn't ceen this now i would have had no clue what to write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zohaib01)
    in a way that is harder beacuse there is so much to write about you may just get sidetracked i tell you know if i hadn't ceen this now i would have had no clue what to write
    Yeah you really do have to be selective but it wouldn't be a bad question, it could be alot worse!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you really do have to be selective but it wouldn't be a bad question, it could be alot worse!
    im sh**ing it looool buh i only need a D to get A b
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If Parental Investment or Sexual Selection comes up, I will just walk out!

ReputationRep:
    If I knew that, I'd be sorted. How can we possibly guess?

What I'd LIKE to come up:
    Bio rhythms: Circadian rhythms, or infradian/ultradian rhythms.
    Cognitive Development: Piaget or Vygotsky ideally.
    Relationships: Breakdown of relationships or parental investment/parent-offspring conflict.

There are a further few for each topic I'd be comfortable with.. not as happy as with those above, but comfortable none the less.

I'm dreading:
    Bio rhythms: Not really any I'm dreading completely but the ones I'd like least are evolutionary theory/restoration theory of sleep.
    Cognitive Development: Eisenberg. Mirror Neuron system (will probably cry)
    Relationships: Childhood/adolescent experiences.. I don't feel there's a lot to write about. Relationships in other cultures.. worst possible question in this topic.

ReputationRep:
    Man i'm failing, i'm dreading everything. I thought I'd never do science again, but half of this rubbish in the text book is science.

ReputationRep:
    For eating disorders i would love neural mechanisms in eating and satiation
    Relationships i think the formation and maintenance would be a good one

ReputationRep:
    My guesses:
    Cognition - Bruner or practical applications of Piaget, vygotsky, bruner ( :'( )
    Agression - SLT/Deindividuation or Group displays
    Bio Rhythms- Its got to be Restoration/evolutionary theory
    Not looking forward to this!

ReputationRep:
    I guess:
    Biological Rhythms > Restoration/Evolutionary
    Aggression > SLT I hope! But I feel it's gonna be Group Display/Evolutionary!
    Relationships > Parental Investment/Adolescent experiences =/

GOOD LUCK FOR THIS EXAM TOMORROW GUYS!

ReputationRep:
    I hope it will be:
    Sleep- The two theories, or the consequences of disrupting sleep or life span.
    Aggression- SLT! or group display.
    Eating habits- biological explanations of eating.

I wouldn't mind the life span one coming up, but there isn't much A02- issues and debates for it!
    Ahhhh im revising now.. so scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haithere)
    If I knew that, I'd be sorted. How can we possibly guess?

What I'd LIKE to come up:
    Bio rhythms: Circadian rhythms, or infradian/ultradian rhythms.
    Cognitive Development: Piaget or Vygotsky ideally.
    Relationships: Breakdown of relationships or parental investment/parent-offspring conflict.

There are a further few for each topic I'd be comfortable with.. not as happy as with those above, but comfortable none the less.

I'm dreading:
    Bio rhythms: Not really any I'm dreading completely but the ones I'd like least are evolutionary theory/restoration theory of sleep.
    Cognitive Development: Eisenberg. Mirror Neuron system (will probably cry)
    Relationships: Childhood/adolescent experiences.. I don't feel there's a lot to write about. Relationships in other cultures.. worst possible question in this topic.
    There are things to talk about for both of those things!

For childhood experiences use the Hazan and Shaver (1982?) study and Main's Adult Attachment Interview.

For relationships in different cultures speak about Moghoddam et al (1992) and individualistic vs collectivist, then use Buss (1989) and there is loads of stuff to evaluate.

(Original post by Dillio)
    If Parental Investment or Sexual Selection comes up, I will just walk out!
    Why man? There is so much to talk about - what are you struggling with?

ReputationRep:
    On the other hand I might pass if the social learning theory comes up for aggression, social factors comes up for eating disorders and Kohlberg's social thing comes up for gender... Please! Once all those neural mechanisms, genetic factors, dopamine etc comes in, everything becomes boring (because it's not common sense anymore. )

Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    There are things to talk about for both of those things!

For childhood experiences use the Hazan and Shaver (1982?) study and Main's Adult Attachment Interview.

For relationships in different cultures speak about Moghoddam et al (1992) and individualistic vs collectivist, then use Buss (1989) and there is loads of stuff to evaluate.
    Granted there are things to talk about.. or they wouldn't be on the syllabus, but out of all the topics I feel there's less on these areas and therefore it'd be easy in exam conditions to have a more open question as you don't need to remember as many specifics.

Mind you, now I've done some more revision on relationships and culture, i'm feeling more confident about it.

Still feel the same about childhood/adolescent experiences. I know the stuff, I just feel I'd struggle for 25 marks on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haithere)
    Granted there are things to talk about.. or they wouldn't be on the syllabus, but out of all the topics I feel there's less on these areas and therefore it'd be easy in exam conditions to have a more open question as you don't need to remember as many specifics.

Mind you, now I've done some more revision on relationships and culture, i'm feeling more confident about it.

Still feel the same about childhood/adolescent experiences. I know the stuff, I just feel I'd struggle for 25 marks on it.
    I get you, the hazan and shaver study is actually pretty easy to evaluate but off the top of your head I know what you mean.

I'm hoping for sexual selection/parental investment if i'm honest!

ReputationRep:
    I get you, the hazan and shaver study is actually pretty easy to evaluate but off the top of your head I know what you mean.

I'm hoping for sexual selection/parental investment if i'm honest!
    For me, in relationships, breakdown would be the best. But I'd also be pleased to see formation, maintenance and the two you've said.

I'm pretty happy with relationships now.. the worst one would be childhood as I've said.

My worst area is probably cognitive development now.

ReputationRep:
    How would people write an essay on explanations of institutional aggression ? Would you explain zimb ardos study?

Realy hope this essay doesnt come up .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 31, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.