Turn on thread page Beta

AQA PSYA3 - What do you think is going to come up watch

ReputationRep:
    Im taking a risk and not learning gender, im struggling enough as it is with the other 3!
    Eughh I just hope i like the aggression, bio rhythms and relationship questions.
    i doubt SLT will pop up as that was in specimen paper (i think)
    and endogenous/exogenous pacemakers for sleep
    and for relationships it was formation/maintenance

damn, all the topics I know best....
    dreading tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    How much is everyone planning on writing for each? Ao1/Ao2 wise?

And then there's for mars for ao3 available...

For Ao2 im just going to elaborate elaborate elaborate.....*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    four marks*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessique14)

The essays aren't gonna be marked like 9 A01 9 A02 6 A03 (or even 9 A01 12 A02 and 4 A03). It's more of the examiners marking a good essay that's well rounded more than anything, teachers just give us the essay plans like that as a good outline.

You can overlap A03 and A02, I sometimes find it easier to write more A03... you can pretty much apply gender and culture bias to most things, as well as reductionism and determinism.

Try not to memories A02 points from the books and just apply the general demand characteristics, lacks ecological validity, large/small sample size etc to everything.

ReputationRep:
    eating behaviour is a load of BULL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessique14)

Going to try and do a third of each if possible, although I think ao2/ao3 overlap as someone else has said. I always end up writing more ao1 though as I feel I need to explain it properly before evaluating it.

ReputationRep:
    just had a look at the speciemen paper and it was perspective taking in childeren i havnt bothered leanring thaht but im scared what if Mirror neueons comes up arrghh!!

i hope not i want piagett

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbyjimmy)
    How would people write an essay on explanations of institutional aggression ? Would you explain zimb ardos study?

Realy hope this essay doesnt come up .
    I did this yesterday, and I just wrote about the importation and deprivation model and research to support and challenge both, and I also mention initiation rituals and then obviously all the AO2/3. But yeah I did include Zimbardo's prison study and also his research on the lucifer effect.
    Not a bad question...

I just really want the evolutionary stuff (aggression) to come up so that it's almost certain it won't in June when I do the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonbassman)
    The essays aren't gonna be marked like 9 A01 9 A02 6 A03 (or even 9 A01 12 A02 and 4 A03). It's more of the examiners marking a good essay that's well rounded more than anything, teachers just give us the essay plans like that as a good outline.

We've generally been marked /9 for A01 and /16 for A02. Whether this is how the examiners do it or not, a02 is the main focus for marking, or so I've been led to believe =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirty Dream Number Two)
    We've generally been marked /9 for A01 and /16 for A02. Whether this is how the examiners do it or not, a02 is the main focus for marking, or so I've been led to believe =)
    Yeah I'd definitely spend more time on evaluation. But you can't access the higher levels if you don't address any issues or debates such as reductionism/determinism.

The key to doing well on these exams is not going overboard on A01. So yeah you've got a point!

ReputationRep:
    Would like:

Formation/maintenance of relationships
    Social psychological explanations of aggression
    I feel okay with most of eating behaviour:p: (I've jinxed myself, haven't I...)

DO NOT WANT :

Influence of childhood/culture on relationships
    Institutional aggression

Please AQA, hear my prayer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILML10)
    eating behaviour is a load of BULL.
    I agree! We were taught this topic at school but I just couldn't be bothered with it, so I taught myself Biological Rhythms..

ReputationRep:
    Just gone through aggression, if evolutionary approach comes up for it or aggression as groups or whatever I'll probably just walk out, the weirdest stuff, and so much of it that it's impossible to learn it all fully.

Will probably be up until 2 tonight, ignore the "get a good nights sleep before your exam" rubbish usually.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by haithere)
    If I knew that, I'd be sorted. How can we possibly guess?

What I'd LIKE to come up:
    Bio rhythms: Circadian rhythms, or infradian/ultradian rhythms.
    Cognitive Development: Piaget or Vygotsky ideally.
    Relationships: Breakdown of relationships or parental investment/parent-offspring conflict.

There are a further few for each topic I'd be comfortable with.. not as happy as with those above, but comfortable none the less.

I'm dreading:
    Bio rhythms: Not really any I'm dreading completely but the ones I'd like least are evolutionary theory/restoration theory of sleep.
    Cognitive Development: Eisenberg. Mirror Neuron system (will probably cry)
    Relationships: Childhood/adolescent experiences.. I don't feel there's a lot to write about. Relationships in other cultures.. worst possible question in this topic.
    There is enough to talk about for most of the topics, as long as you have revised all the content. :P

i agree with you on the Ecological/Restoration though.

ReputationRep:
    Well, good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    This is my biggest mission ever. Still got a few hours left to do of gender before I go to sleep. ffs

ReputationRep:
    eating disorders - hoping for neural mechanisms. success/failure of dieting wouldn't be too bad either. haven't even bothered revising factors influencing attitudes.

biological rhythms - it's all horrible :|

aggression - im thinking its most likely gonna be institutionalised aggression....not too bad cos i've done an essay on it.

not looking forward to this exam

ReputationRep:
    What a briilant exam Loveed it soo glad MN never came up Insomnia - Insititutional agression - Application to education with a bit of piaget ooh yess
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by zohaib01)
    What a briilant exam Loveed it soo glad MN never came up Insomnia - Insititutional agression - Application to education with a bit of piaget ooh yess
    I agree. It was a good exam

ReputationRep:
    Not a bad exam, I just didn't do great in it. Should have got to sleep before 2.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.