Turn on thread page Beta

AQA PSYA3 - What do you think is going to come up watch

ReputationRep:
    I Did Relationships and Aggression, was so glad they were both 25 markers, it makes things so much easier! The gender one had part a + b and we were expected to cover bio and psy explantions which threw me a bit! And i had less time for that one but oh well!

IT'S OVER NOW!!!

ReputationRep:
    I was fairly pleased with how it went.

It threw me that biological rhythms were split in to 3 parts.. we've been told all along they're single 25 mark questions. I also was quite surprised to see them ask about circadian rhythms and sleep disorders in the same question.. wasn't expecting that.

Very happy with the relationships question.

Cognitive development, again, pretty content, although I didn't think there was a huge amount of room for ao2.

Overall, could've been slightly better (bio rhythms question) but it went better than expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haithere)
    I was fairly pleased with how it went.

It threw me that biological rhythms were split in to 3 parts.. we've been told all along they're single 25 mark questions. I also was quite surprised to see them ask about circadian rhythms and sleep disorders in the same question.. wasn't expecting that.

Very happy with the relationships question.

Cognitive development, again, pretty content, although I didn't think there was a huge amount of room for ao2.

Overall, could've been slightly better (bio rhythms question) but it went better than expected.
    Did you not have a look at the specimen paper? They split it into two questions on that, but yeah our teacher was a bit surprised that it was in three parts for the sleep question but overall I think we got a great question for cog dev :yep:

For AO2 you could elaborate on studies that support it etc and stuff about them, and evaluate the applications (like with Piaget the fact that it was culturally biased means it might not be relevant for everyone, risk of people being held back due to the stages being under estimated etc etc and Asian schools and how they have a very teacher-orientated approach yet still do well blah blah etc etc) I can't even remember what I wrote now..

I wasn't so pleased with the sleep question but i'm still very happy it's OVER!
    and like you i think it could've gone better with the bio rhythms question but it went a lot better than I expected! (no mirror neurons :woo:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Did you not have a look at the specimen paper? They split it into two questions on that, but yeah our teacher was a bit surprised that it was in three parts for the sleep question but overall I think we got a great question for cog dev :yep:

For AO2 you could elaborate on studies that support it etc and stuff about them, and evaluate the applications (like with Piaget the fact that it was culturally biased means it might not be relevant for everyone, risk of people being held back due to the stages being under estimated etc etc and Asian schools and how they have a very teacher-orientated approach yet still do well blah blah etc etc) I can't even remember what I wrote now..

I wasn't so pleased with the sleep question but i'm still very happy it's OVER!
    and like you i think it could've gone better with the bio rhythms question but it went a lot better than I expected! (no mirror neurons :woo:)
    No, our teacher didn't give/show us the specimen paper actually, and I didn't really think to go after it myself.

Yeah, I got the odd bit of ao2 in, just in that question no specific studies for ao2. I put stuff about how they work differently in the individualist/collectivist cultures etc.

Same, bio rhythms wasn't awful but could've been better, but yeah, it was better than I expected.. mirror neurons is what I was dreading most! I'm also very happy it, and Jan exams all together, are over!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh man! It could have been soo much better!

Gender - was bloody great, I smacked that all on the floor.
    Aggression - I didn't even learn any of that stuff! I just read the page from the book!
    Sleep, eh, same thing, I read the stuff from the book but didn't write any essays on it.

BUT! What I did do when I sat down was look at the questions, get back up towards my bag, open the textbook and look at the headings for what to write!

Cheating, I know, and normally I never cheat in exams, but this was necessary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryA)
    Ahh man! It could have been soo much better!

Gender - was bloody great, I smacked that all on the floor.
    Aggression - I didn't even learn any of that stuff! I just read the page from the book!
    Sleep, eh, same thing, I read the stuff from the book but didn't write any essays on it.

BUT! What I did do when I sat down was look at the questions, get back up towards my bag, open the textbook and look at the headings for what to write!

Cheating, I know, and normally I never cheat in exams, but this was necessary!
    How the hell did you do that in an exam? (not looking for tips, i'm thinking your invigilators are idiots and you're a **** )

ReputationRep:
    How the hell did you do that in an exam? (not looking for tips, i'm thinking your invigilators are idiots and you're a **** )
    First of all I was going to agree with you, but now I think it's just plain bull.

We're not even allowed bags in the exam room.. let alone getting up to them after the paper has been opened.

I smell a rat.

ReputationRep:
    First of all I was going to agree with you, but now I think it's just plain bull.

We're not even allowed bags in the exam room.. let alone getting up to them after the paper has been opened.

I smell a rat.
    I vote :troll2: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to people after the exam and they said they go to the toilet (with a male/female invigilators) and read notes from their pockets/phone, write on their arms, (one girl said she wrote an essay on her thigh!).

I hate it when people cheat like that and to be fair I didn't actually see much, it took me so long to find the page that I looked at one picture and sat back down so not to raise any suspicions. Though I do accept that I should have been disqualified if I was in a decent college.

I smell a rat.
    Really? In my college, you're allowed to have bags at the front of the hall, you can keep your jacket on the back of your chair and go to the toilet (to cheat).

My law teacher last year came into the waiting hallway and told everybody what questions were on the paper. I didn't need the help for that paper, but it gave everybody else 10 minutes to revise the topics.

Although she did end up getting fired at the end of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryA)
    I spoke to people after the exam and they said they go to the toilet (with a male/female invigilators) and read notes from their pockets/phone, write on their arms, (one girl said she wrote an essay on her thigh!).

I hate it when people cheat like that and to be fair I didn't actually see much, it took me so long to find the page that I looked at one picture and sat back down so not to raise any suspicions. Though I do accept that I should have been disqualified if I was in a decent college.

Really? In my college, you're allowed to have bags at the front of the hall, you can keep your jacket on the back of your chair and go to the toilet (to cheat).

My law teacher last year came into the waiting hallway and told everybody what questions were on the paper. I didn't need the help for that paper, but it gave everybody else 10 minutes to revise the topics.

Although she did end up getting fired at the end of the year.
    I'm still not buying it, but anyways, even if it were easy for us to cheat at my school, I wouldn't. I'd rather get Cs knowing it was all my own work and knowledge than get As knowing I cheated.

Although getting As on my own knowledge is preferable

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 31, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.