Turn on thread page Beta

Chances of MSc Finance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody,

A quick question for anybody out there who can help. I am currently at Manchester University studying Bsc in Chemistry (changed from MChem as do not want to do 4 years) and I predict I will obtain a solid first, hopefully around the 75% mark. I hope to pursue a career in banking, but I have only decided this recently and so I am looking into the possibility of studying a MSc in Finance somewhere respected and somewhere that will help improve my job prospects.

I was wondering whether my degree and university would be suitable enough for universities such as LSE, Imperial and Warwick for this degree.

If anybody is studying at these Universities in a MSc in Finance and could give any advice, then it would be much appreciated, as well as general opinions.

I deeply regret not applying for the top Universities when I was applying for undergraduate degrees as I realise only now how competitive the market place is, and I only hope I haven't dented my chances too much with my place of study and chosen degree.

Thanks in advance.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.