Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey TSR..again. :p: I always have problem with relationships, huh?

Okay, well, firstly - its not about sex! Playboy King....out you go.
    Anyway..this guy I've been talking to for a while - sometimes hes dead responsive and lovely (esp in person, 3 dates - hopefully and counting)..but sometimes on MSN and via text his conversation is quite bland..using lol a lot and things.

I want to know how you guys tell if someones using you - and once I reply, if you think I should perhaps back off a bit, or use him back for a little fun? I was just scared he didnt like me back, so can anyone advise on this also? Theres a gig on Friday, and were both going, so:woo:...

Anyway. Barrage of amazing TSR-advice, please.

Love,
    Meg<3

ReputationRep:
    erm...some ppl just dont talk that much on msn and that, just go by how he is in person i'd say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siobherz)
    erm...some ppl just dont talk that much on msn and that, just go by how he is in person i'd say
    -nods-
    Okay. Hes very..well. How would you describe this behavior?

Snuggling into me & nice versa, kissing my hair/forehead even in fornt of his friends, arm around my waist etc. He makes my heart beat fast:o:

ReputationRep:
    What because he's pretty unresponsive by msn and txt you think he's using you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desi_jatt)
    What because he's pretty unresponsive by msn and txt you think he's using you?
    He could be - for use in person. You know? It wasnt just that, I thought maybe he didnt like me

ReputationRep:
    Well tbh from experience most people are the same via msn + txt, just don't bug him too often cause then he might go off you, play hard to get in a subtle way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desi_jatt)
    Well tbh from experience most people are the same via msn + txt, just don't bug him too often cause then he might go off you, play hard to get in a subtle way.
    And how do i do that? :rolleyes: Thank you <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    And how do i do that? :rolleyes: Thank you <3
    when you get a text from him dont reply immediately. put your phone on the other side of the room and then reply him when you remember. or if u get a text from him where he doesnt ask a question or raise a topic, just dont reply.

leave your computer when on msn to do stuff without saying "brb" then get back and say "oh sorry I was busy"

just generally give him a little less attention.
    I doubt if he's using you, some people are just crap on txt+msn but are amazing in person. how is he when you guys talk on the phone? that may be a middle ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renault)
    tbh if hes as boring as this thread is, then i think the two of you will be a perfect match
    says the exciting new member who has called themselves an exciting name like....wait for it.......no seriously brace yourselves...........renault. anti climatic or what..

ReputationRep:
    yeah people are extreeemely different online to in real life dont worry about it!! just speak in real life/ on the phone rather than online/texting yeaa

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.