transferring to second year at goldsmiths. Watch

raisin.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
goldsmiths was originally my insurance choice as it did appeal to me a lot when i visited, but i ultimately ended up choosing my firm for various other reasons. however, i'm not very happy at my university and have been considering transferring elsewhere for a while, because it's not what i thought it would be.

i've read that it's possible to transfer directly to second year on most courses at goldsmiths (i do psychology) but i just wondered if there was anyone who had any experience in doing this?

i haven't made my mind up yet, but it's something i'm seriously considering and i know i need to make a decision soon before it's too late. i am worried about the social aspect though (accommodation and everyone being in groups etc.) and i'm aware that it's not as highly ranked as my current uni, but that doesn't really bother me. i'd much rather be happy.

can anyone help?
billgregson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm now in a similar position and would be interested to hear what the outcome of this was?

And if you didn't transfer in the end, did you have any luck on trying etc.

Cheers
SKC89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd be interested to hear what your outcome was too. I've moved to Goldsmiths from the university of Southampton (so pretty similar situation in terms of ranking etc) but wasn't allowed to transfer directly into second year, despite doing very well grades-wise last year; they said that the course was 'too unique', so I started again from first year this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.46%
No (613)
72.54%

Watched Threads