Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    goldsmiths was originally my insurance choice as it did appeal to me a lot when i visited, but i ultimately ended up choosing my firm for various other reasons. however, i'm not very happy at my university and have been considering transferring elsewhere for a while, because it's not what i thought it would be.

i've read that it's possible to transfer directly to second year on most courses at goldsmiths (i do psychology) but i just wondered if there was anyone who had any experience in doing this?

i haven't made my mind up yet, but it's something i'm seriously considering and i know i need to make a decision soon before it's too late. i am worried about the social aspect though (accommodation and everyone being in groups etc.) and i'm aware that it's not as highly ranked as my current uni, but that doesn't really bother me. i'd much rather be happy.

can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    I'm now in a similar position and would be interested to hear what the outcome of this was?

And if you didn't transfer in the end, did you have any luck on trying etc.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'd be interested to hear what your outcome was too. I've moved to Goldsmiths from the university of Southampton (so pretty similar situation in terms of ranking etc) but wasn't allowed to transfer directly into second year, despite doing very well grades-wise last year; they said that the course was 'too unique', so I started again from first year this year.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.