Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone, first post!

I've applied to UCLAN
    Thames Valley
    Cumbria University
    Newcastle College
    Winchester University

for either BA Acting or BA Performing Arts, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the auditions/interviews are like for these? So far i've only heard from Cumbria.

P.S. if anyone can give up their floor for me and a friend at winchester then facebook me!

I had an audition for Music Theatre at UCLAN on the 27th - The people are all really friendly, and it's all very laid back.

I'm not sure how it works for acting, but this is how the day was for Music Theatre...

There was an hour long intro and Q+A session first. Then we had a big choir rehearsal with the existing students which was awesome. We also did a drama workshop. We were given extracts from Antigone, and put into groups of 5. We had 20 mins to put something together - very difficult, but very interesting. Because of the course I applied for, we had to play an instrument or sing a song for our audition - it was all very informal and treated like a concert. After that we had a group interview.

They also said they're not looking for polished performances, but for the potential to become very good and want to learn.

It was a really enjoyable day, and you find out whether they're going to offer you a place within a few days.

Hope this helped!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.