Turn on thread page Beta

guy way out of my league fancys me watch

ReputationRep:
    i started uni this year. im 19 years old.

me:
    never had bf or sex, only ever kissed people in clubs
    only have a couple of friends, sometimes hang with them but dont feel like that close to them, particuarly as they have loads of friends so im not that important to them
    hardly any social life, very quiet with most people

him
    has he had several gfs
    very very good looking, you could imagine him with the prettiest girl in school and wouldnt think he was punchin above his weight
    good socially - loud, sociable, nice guy whos everyones friend, fun...

he doesnt know any of these. i told him i wasnt a virgin so dont to backtrack. i havent lied about anything else though, just avoided it.

basically, i want to lose my virginity to someone else to 1 practise but 2, most importantly, see if i actually enjoy it because im unsure about sexuality.

i get told im good lookin my some lads, i never used to be because i wore glasses and no makeup, im unsure how attractive i am compared to other girls though.

how can i meet someone else soon? i cant at clubs because im with him and have no one else to go with.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Lying about your virginity = BIG MISTAKE, HUGE.

(Original post by boombazoom)

me:
    only have a couple of friends, sometimes hang with them but dont feel like that close to them, particuarly as they have loads of friends so im not that important to them

him
    has he had several gfs
    very very good looking, you could imagine him with the prettiest girl in school and wouldnt think he was punchin above his weight

he doesnt know any of these. i told him i wasnt a virgin so dont to backtrack. i havent lied about anything else though, just avoided it.

basically, i want to lose my virginity to someone else to 1 practise but 2, most importantly, see if i actually enjoy it because im unsure about sexuality.

i get told im good lookin my some lads, i never used to be because i wore glasses and no makeup, im unsure how attractive i am compared to other girls though.

how can i meet someone else soon? i cant at clubs because im with him and have no one else to go with.
    you have three options
    1) have a one night stand
    2) break your hymen thingy
    3) tell him the truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

well he asked me and i didnt have time to consider the consequences. it was also before i knew he really liked me. at the time i tohught he was only after sex because he was desperate

ReputationRep:
    OP do you like this guy?
    If so just tell him the truth.

But don't use him as a basis to decide your sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    OP do you like this guy?
    If so just tell him the truth.

But don't use him as a basis to decide your sexuality.
    i think i like him..i just want to try sex before i commit to him though. i feel like im givin him mixed messages but i just want to meet someone else first

ReputationRep:
    i think i like him..i just want to try sex before i commit to him though. i feel like im givin him mixed messages but i just want to meet someone else first

Just go for it OP.
    Tell him the truth and just take things slowly,
    sex is a better experience with someone you know and trust than some one night stand.

ReputationRep:
    i get told im good lookin my some lads, i never used to be because i wore glasses and no makeup

Girls with glasses are not good looking now? :eek3:

I don't think anyone can really tell you what to do about this guy, because no one on here knows what he is like and everyone is different.

You should definitely give him a chance, but take things slowly. He might be the kind of guy to get what he wants and disappear, maybe tarnishing your good name in the process. I'm sure things will work out fine though

Good luck.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why do people lie about virginity? Seriously, it achieves nothing. They'll find out anyway...

Stop comparing yourself to him. We all have our good points and bad points and it's not like he's perfect and better than you. Stop telling yourself you're not good enough. If he's interested, clearly you are. Just see it as a confidence boost.

ReputationRep:
    By reading the title and not your post, I am assuming he just wants an easy shag.

ReputationRep:

me:

him
    has he had several gfs

Don't, get someone decent. He'll probably just use you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    By reading the title and not your post, I am assuming he just wants an easy shag.
    he isnt though. when he came on to me in the beginning i thought he was just after sex, but now we go on dates and he seems to want a proper relationship. hes also a really nice guy

ReputationRep:

lol

CATACLYSMIC MISTAKE

ReputationRep:
    well he asked me and i didnt have time to consider the consequences. it was also before i knew he really liked me. at the time i tohught he was only after sex because he was desperate
    You make it sound like you'd be obliged to sleep with him just because he asked you if you were a virgin or not. He may ask, doesn't mean he's gonna get. Seriously, girls need to be more assertive!

Why was a lie your first instinct anyway? Why not just be honest?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm You should go for it but be careful, But don't use him to check what sexuality you are if you got lesbian you would shatter his confidence:mad:

ReputationRep:
    You make it sound like you'd be obliged to sleep with him just because he asked you if you were a virgin or not. He may ask, doesn't mean he's gonna get. Seriously, girls need to be more assertive!

Why was a lie your first instinct anyway? Why not just be honest?
    because i never thought he would actually fancy me anyway and i wasnt going to sleep with him. now he does fancy me, its awkward. i dont want to backtrack. i guess im just embarrassed and worried he'd think i was a loser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    lol

CATACLYSMIC MISTAKE
    APOCALYPTIC ERROR

ReputationRep:
    Just come clean; if he really likes you he won't care.

ReputationRep:

me:

him
    has he had several gfs

tell him the truth. he might actually find it arousing or something. also outright lies like those are never good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    lol

CATACLYSMIC MISTAKE
    Really?

I'd be a bit disappointed if my partner told me at some point that she had sex but was a virgin - because I'd prefer the truth, regardless of the topic. But that's it... She was embarrassed to say so in the beginning. It happens. So what?

I admit, it would be a bit different if she said she was a virgin but had lots of sex(-partners) beforehand. But it's nothing I wouldn't get over with, when I liked her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.