Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I plan to do Chemistry and Biology (main two, I haven't chosen any others yet) for A levels. I do double science at the moment (Year 10).

My friend told me that there was someone who got A* in double science and is struggling in AS biology. So I kind of got worried when she mentioned that.

Is the difference between double and triple science really big? Also, will picking triple science make A level chemistry and biology MUCH easier, or just a bit?

ReputationRep:
    There is a jump from GCSE to A-level even from triple science but lots of people in my school did double science and then chem and biology A-levels and got top grades. Put in the effort and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    You actually will need to put time and effort into learning/revising/doing homework for AS/A2 in order to get a grade. It's not like GCSE where you can blag it having done no preparation - that's where I went wrong and now I'm literally paying for my ignorance with resits

ReputationRep:
    There is a big jump (not to exaggerate too much) from GCSE Science to A-level Sciences. In Biology and Chemistry.

My tip is to adapt to the workload quickly, get on top of it by making notes after every lesson, be very organised and if you're doing OCR, watch out for those bloody seals in the second year.

You have been warned.

(Original post by InadequateJusticex)

My friend told me that there was someone who got A* in double science and is struggling in AS biology.
    If you want to be a scientist or work in a scientific field then this is the type of data/info that you should flat-out ignore.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the information, everyone

I have a few friends in Sixth Form and they've told me that there IS a big gap between GCSE and A Levels. But I'll definitely try even more harder when I finish my GCSE's.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to achieve buddy your going to have to put effort and time into it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.