Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I hate nearly everything I've written a couple of years ago watch

ReputationRep:
    Reading old papers or essays invariably makes me cringe - I feel that I've changed and refined my views, or that my old writings were simply retarded and myopic.

Anyone else feel the same way? (about your own writing, not mine:p: )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by PrimateJ)
    Reading old papers or essays invariably makes me cringe - I feel that I've changed and refined my views, or that my old writings were simply retarded and myopic.

Anyone else feel the same way? (about your own writing, not mine:p: )
    Oh yes, definitely. Half the time I feel that way about my current work.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's half the task of learning done- knowing what you did wrong :p:

ReputationRep:
    My english teacher says it proves you're learning but i just feel embarasssed that i had no idea how awful my writing was. Best not to think about it if you ask me; we've all got enough memories to cringe about.

ReputationRep:
    I found a blog from when I was 16

"So, omg it's soooo tragic what happened!" :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the worst thing is my embarrassing emo poetry from when I was 15 or 16. I went to delete my myspace the other day and found it. Good LORD it was terrible. Funny; hilariously funny, but terrible. Hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pigwigeon)
    Haha, the worst thing is my embarrassing emo poetry from when I was 15 or 16. I went to delete my myspace the other day and found it. Good LORD it was terrible. Funny; hilariously funny, but terrible. Hahaha.
    Ha! I have some of this kind of poetry... and then some half serious stuff I wrote when I was like 17... hahaha... I think I thought I had some kind of talent. Turns out I didn't :p:...

But it's all funny to keep. You just have to be proud that you can at least recognise it's bad now... some people I know still think they're amazing at writing poems and songs and stuff (at 19) and they are cringe bad.

ReputationRep:
    I constantly feel this way! I can't look back on anything I've done, be it 2 days or 2 years ago, and cringe at "i don't like this, what was I on when I made that point, wow bad metaphor there"...I think everyone has this to some extent Still, it's fun to look back at all the really old stuff

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.