Turn on thread page Beta

Next yr's housemate problems watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    One of the guys im getting a house with next year is a real party animal. He's said he wants to have flat parties all the time and he smokes weed. I'm fine with all this but im worried bout my studies - the only reason im getting a house with him is because one of my closest friends who i def want to live with told him he could live with us. how can i let him know that, although i want to party occasionally (once, maybe twice a week) i need him to give me my study space?

    Ever been to the library? Or thought about doing your work in the daytime? Problem solved.
    • #2

    just study in the library. hes only gonna be partying at night, if you want to work at night then hit the library or party!

    He's probably exaggerating a bit.

    ^ Yeah, I think so too.

    But like others have said, there's always the library.
    Also, if he really is partying a lot then you can always talk to him about it.
    You're sharing a house, so if you do find that he's partying too much, then talk to him about it.
    He should be considerate and respect that not everyone wants to be partying all the time.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.