Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A teacher in my college turned down Johnny Depp! watch

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't care about Johnnie Debb or the filming company or anything imho other than the plot (and profit ?). Probably she didn't like the contract ...etc Usually film companies enrage the original authors by messing around with their script to get a wider attention but simultaneously ruin the plot. She thought she'd better have a lower budget film but with a perfect plot. Props to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Misleading thread title tbh. Either way it's her choice and shows the pride she has in her work.
    Misleading article headline followed by a misleading intro paragraph:yep:

ReputationRep:
    she stuck with the british company because she wanted to stay true to the novel, good for her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BringMeThatHorizon)
    OMG SHES AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JOHNNY DEPP IS LIKE THE WORLDS BEST ACTOR EVER.
    i dont care how many ******* haters i get with this comment. but HANDS DOWN JOHNNY DEPP IS THE BESTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!
    He's like a chameleon! - can morph into any character and pull it off bigtime!
    she should have tried to collaborate with him and arrange for him to film it here or something.
    what a loser of an old wrinkly **** teacher.
    To be fair, she's supposed to be a brilliant teacher. And obviously her book is very successful. I was just a little "omg noo" when I read that, hence the fangirly-ness.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this would've been regarding a hot date.

Anyway some authors can be so precious! What a tit. It's Johnny Depp - he's hardly an amateur. Who cares if it's not British it could've been awesome.... besides which he's clearly a raving anglophile.

ReputationRep:
    Good book. Will probably be a **** film.

ReputationRep:
    a teacher from NewVic turned down Johnny Depp?! lol:p:

ReputationRep:
    I adore The Carbon Diaries 2015 , and cannot wait for the sequel.
    Also , :O if I still lived in London , I would be at that college and she'd be my teacher . Ohhhh ):

ReputationRep:
    So?

I know someone who knew him, apparently he's a complete **** in real life.

ReputationRep:
    i dont care how many ******* haters i get with this comment. but HANDS DOWN JOHNNY DEPP IS THE BESTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!
    she should have tried to collaborate with him and arrange for him to film it here or something.
    guess who want depp's babies :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    No she's not crazy
    looking for her own intrests and good on her.

ReputationRep:
    My ex-English teacher didn't turn down Chris Martin.

ReputationRep:
    lol I thought you meant marry! but yeah, good decision!

ReputationRep:
    Chameleons aren't good actors, for the record. Nor do they 'morph'.

Johnny Depp is a very good actor, but he is not the best.

ReputationRep:

I aggree Johnny Depp is na amazing actor, and she WAS foolish to turn it down (one company has Johnny Depp to its name, the other has 'Skins'...NOT a hard choice really). Saying shes an 'old wrinkly ****' is a bit far. How many collaborative offers from Johnny Depp have you received? :yep: Her reasons were valid.

ReputationRep:
    She wanted it to stay set in the UK, which is fair enough as it's her work. Should JK Rowling have let Haley Joel Osment (Sixth Sense kid) voice an animated version of Harry Potter as was the original plan for the film just because Spielberg was attached? No, because it would have been s***e.

ReputationRep:
    this only warrants a :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    He is way out of her league anyway

ReputationRep:
    Good for her.
    Her book, her decision.

ReputationRep:
    To all the people who quoted me:
    whether you think JD is a good/bad actor, he's hardly going to Hollywood-ify the book! If anything, he's one of the few actors who doesn't go for all those huge films that give him the wrong title as he learnt around 25years ago when acting in 21 Jump Street. He goes for obscure, strange, weird characters that he makes so original and his own.
    He doesn't even live in America! He lives in South France with his long term girlfriend and 2 kids. He wouldn't have american-ified the book.
    she turned down JD?
    Well she lost out.
    You can quote me again/interrogate me/attack me/do whatever you like but you're wasting your time.
    And on a final note, 'James4d' - you have a point

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.