Turn on thread page Beta

A teacher in my college turned down Johnny Depp! watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    my boss dated gerard butler :hubba:

and my flatmate spent her summer in johnny dep's house in LA (its a complex story)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    my boss dated gerard butler :hubba:
    Did he impregnate her with his eyes?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by this-is-sparta)
    Did he impregnate her with his eyes?
    yes. yes he did.

ReputationRep:
    It's either going to be really good, or pretty forgettable.

ReputationRep:
    I would never turn down Johnny Depp :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenPetal)
    So?

I know someone who knew him, apparently he's a complete **** in real life.
    I also know someone who knew Johnny Depp. She said he was an amazing person. Great sense of humour and very kind. Either way, his personality is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Well she's missed out on bringing her story to a wider audience. This will now be the sort of thing that's shown on BBC at 9pm once, and then will be confined to the dusty shelves of a warehouse storage centre. Once it's been shown everyone will forget about it.

Absolute fool.
    Yeah, lol at her, she doesn't care about the money and wants to stay true to her own book. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I admire her integrity.

(Original post by .ACS.)
    She was foolish. It will air and be forgotten about now, whereas with Johnny Depp's company it could have really been something.
    I can think of plenty of exceptions to both of these rules. Films like Slumdog Millionaire and 28 Days Later are hardly forgotten about films, nor would they have drastically been improved by a relocation to Hollywood. Similarly, plenty of blockbusters have taken brilliant source material and turned it into something terrible.

Just because Johnny Depp is on board does not automatically make it good, and the absence of Johnny Depp will not condemn it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    (one company has Johnny Depp to its name, the other has 'Skins'...NOT a hard choice really).
    No, it wouldn't be a hard choice if they offered the same proposition. However, I dare say that as a writer she would value her creative freedom over the attraction of a big name.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play to her, I say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakuj0)
    I also know someone who knew Johnny Depp. She said he was an amazing person. Great sense of humour and very kind. Either way, his personality is irrelevant.
    Meh not really.

I'm fed up of people jockeying him because he's "well gorge". This goes for any famous person, not just Johnny Depp; we forget these are REAL PEOPLE, REAL PEOPLE who can act like REAL *****.

Hence why it isn't such a big deal to turn him down.

ReputationRep:
    At first it sounds crazy but I agree with her in wanting to use a UK film company instead.

(Original post by 73337)
    So Johnny Depp didn't want to bang her then?
    ^ This is what I thought at first, haha!

ReputationRep:
    What an idiot. The rebel in her is most likely responsible for this stupid decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenPetal)
    Meh not really.

I'm fed up of people jockeying him because he's "well gorge". This goes for any famous person, not just Johnny Depp; we forget these are REAL PEOPLE, REAL PEOPLE who can act like REAL *****.

Hence why it isn't such a big deal to turn him down.
    Well of course no one is perfect, I acknowledge that. I was just relaying what my friend told me - that he was a very friendly, approachable person. Anyway I wasn't jockeying (I like this word ) him up because of his looks or personality, but because of his talent which I believe could have advantaged Saci. She obviously thought otherwise, so fair do's to her.

ReputationRep:
    Well of course no one is perfect, I acknowledge that. I was just relaying what my friend told me - that he was a very friendly, approachable person. Anyway I wasn't jockeying (I like this word ) him up because of his looks or personality, but because of his talent which I believe could have advantaged Saci. She obviously thought otherwise, so fair do's to her.
    Liking someone as an actor and liking someone as a person are two entiely different matters. He is a very talented actor, I will give him that, but I suppose your impression of someones personality is entirely subjective. Your friend's opinion on him, or at least the side of him they've seen, is just as valid as my friend's. That's my point, it's no big deal if someone doesn't instantly fall in love with these "actor-types" for whatever reason

+And yes, 'tis an awesome word.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8481314.stm

Is she crazy??

Edit: The above is just initial shock I guess. Of course it's good for her that she's going with her own and the book's interest, but I can't help but feel she has lost out on a mass audience. Oh well, her story
    lool, doubt this is entirely true, who woudn't want to retire early espicially from newvic

ReputationRep:
    You should work for the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see that she's got pride in her work and not just going for where more money would be

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.