The Student Room Group
FYI Not a child if over 18. Then any period of time is false imprisonment.
Reply 2
wellyour not a child but it would be pretty petty to get your parents done for false imprisionment when you obv got grounded for doing something bad
Very good question. There's a defence of reasonable parental discipline. If the grounding went beyond that, I'm pretty sure it would be both a criminal and civil offence. This won't be available in the case of older children, but I think it may be possible to rely on a defence of consent in some circumstances (i.e. the 19 year old could ignore his parent's instructions, but then he wouldn't be allowed to live there or his parents would stop giving him money, so he consents to the grounding - this will probably be OK). I imagine the age threshold is 16 and not 18.
Reply 4
ffs just take it like a man
lol fail.

grow up.
and if youd actually sue your parents or anything like that for grounding you, you deserve a gigantic slap.
Reply 6
DJ AgnieszkaA
lol fail. grow up.
and if youd actually sue your parents or anything like that for grounding you, you deserve a gigantic slap.

DaniLou17
wellyour not a child but it would be pretty petty to get your parents done for false imprisionment when you obv got grounded for doing something bad

Stenreh
ffs just take it like a man

Haha it's pretty hilarious that you're all implying this question is based on a personal desire to sue my parents for grounding me, no, that isn't the case.
I was just interested in the phenomenon of gounding (which has never applied to me) from the laws perspective.

Thanks Jacketpotato :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending