Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    But as someone else pointed out you're looking at around £30 for a train ticket and that's after various things like student discount so OP really shouldn't be complaining at having to pay half of the that.
    True, but he'd be making a profit which his insurance company wouldn't be happy about if they found out.

He's charging at least £5 too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    WTF a motorway is a duel carriage way, 10mph faster and an extra lane. If you have problems with it then you shouldn't have a license, end of.
    Ironic that you get the speed limit of a duel carriageway wrong in that comment. The national speed limit for a car on a dual carriageway is exactly the same as on a motorway, 70mph.

(Original post by adambro)
    Ironic that you get the speed limit of a duel carriageway wrong in that comment. The national speed limit for a car on a dual carriageway is exactly the same as on a motorway, 70mph.
    Oh no, what a shame...

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, what a shame...
    Not a shame, it means next time you're on a duel carriageway with a national speed limit you can go 10mph faster guilt free. Sounds like a win to me.

Not a shame, it means next time you're on a duel carriageway with a national speed limit you can go 10mph faster guilt free. Sounds like a win to me.
    I don't do speed limits at the best of times...

ReputationRep:
    I don't do speed limits at the best of times...
    The roads are busy but I didn't think they were that busy.

The roads are busy but I didn't think they were that busy.
    I meant I would be doing 70 if I thought it was 60 anyway.

The one out of my town is a 60 so I get into the habit of thinking there all 60 >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaggedyBen)
    Hey, my mate has just passed his driving test and has offered to drive the 3 of us to football away matches instead of taking the train as we usually do. He has an N Reg Peugot 106 Diesel, I think it's a 1.5 engine, maybe less

For our 1st journey we are going from Sheffield to West Brom around a 120 mile round trip, he's suggested £12.50 each for petrol there and back, thats over £35 in total, we think thats too much. Is it?
    I could do that trip for about £20, although my car is petrol not diesel. However, my point is that ok, let's say the trip costs him £25 in diesel, and he's added a little extra on for doing the driving, that still means you've got a good deal! £12.50 for someone to drive you 120 miles, when you would practically pay double for that on the train? Sounds to me like you're both rude and ungrateful for suggesting that your friend is 'ripping you off'.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.