A level option help!!!! Watch

TomRoberts
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm undecided about what to take for A levels...
Currently, i am planning on taking:
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics.

How hard are these subjects? Would you advise me to take them?

Thanks
becca-x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sounds very maths-based. I'd change either further maths or physics, unless the course you're aiming for requires them.
They're all good, strong subjects though.
WilliamWJ
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What do you want to do at university?
member366802
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i have basically chosen the same subjects as you.
im starting them next year.
these subjects are well repected by universities, alot of people say that they are very very hard
lattywatty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know at least 3 people taking these exact options. They find it pretty easy and don't have much work to do, but that's because they have natural talent for these subjects.

If you find these subjects easy then it'll actually be a breeze (I'm jealous of how much free time they seem to have :p: ) but if you struggle with them now or just scrape by you're struggle immensely.

You could change one to add more variety. Say, take a language, History or English Lit? But if you enjoy Maths/science based subjects then they're very good and well respected
Amy_x63
Report 8 years ago
I took Maths at AS then dropped it at A2. I really enjoyed maths but its very hard! But everyone finds subjects different so i suppose you would just have to give it ago ur self! There very impressive subjects to have thou! Good luck in choosing! XD
andy12691
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
We are doing exactly same subjects lol

AS year as ok, but this year they have ridiculous amount of workloads which I'm now struggling . It's probably because I have been so lazy though haha.

If you find maths easy, then the other two subjects shouldn't be a problem in my opinion. But I'd suggest to switch one (chemistry seems least related to other 3, and not help you much) to something like Economics, English, Psychology or Geography.
Kolya
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
We are hardly in a good position to advise you on which subjects to take. Which subjects are good for you depends on you! Do you not have the opportunity to speak to a teacher at your school about your options - one who knows more about you than we do?
Davidosh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would maybe go with something a little less mathsy I did FM, maths and physics and enjoyed it thoroughly did miss discussion etc.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?