Turn on thread page Beta

If you could get away with cheating...would you? watch

ReputationRep:
    Whoever said no is a liar. End this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insanetothebrain)
    I'm not lying. Even if I could get away with it, I'm so utterly rubbish at keeping secrets I couldn't handle even kissing somebody else and not telling my partner.
    Plus I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of finding out that your partner has cheated and chose not to tell you - I couldn't do that to another person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodahdoo)
    I'm not lying. Even if I could get away with it, I'm so utterly rubbish at keeping secrets I couldn't handle even kissing somebody else and not telling my partner.
    Plus I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of finding out that your partner has cheated and chose not to tell you - I couldn't do that to another person.
    :applauds:

i think know what its like too

ReputationRep:
    Cheating and getting away with it makes me feel like a spy, so definitely yes.

ReputationRep:
    I've been cheated on by someone i was pretty much living with, then when I went to uni another guy basically moved in with her until I'd come back home at weekends/holidays/reading weeks etc and she'd kick him out while I was there, went on for a few months before I found out. I would never put someone through that.

Whether or not I would get caught is irrellevant, I wouldn't do it, it's a really nasty thing to do. If you are that immature that you can't handle the physical side of being in a LDR (as in the example) or just can't control yourself on a night out, then you are far too immature to be in relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insanetothebrain)
    Nope.

Just some people have enough self-respect for themselves and self-control. Unlike others who just don't give a **** about other people.

ReputationRep:
    Try living with it - next to impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's said yes or even had to think about it before they said no needs to seriously reconsider the relationship they're in and whether they deserve the person they're with.
    Cheating is sick, anyone that does it is scum, end of.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But then there isn't much I wouldn't do knowing I could get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    And I'd rather be dumped than be cheated on which i'm sure goes for a lot of people.

I actually had a dream my boyfriend cheated on me last night :p:
    Haha, I quite regularly have dreams that my boyfriend gets married to somebody else/completely blanks me but acknowledges everybody else/breaks up with me. It's quite upsetting, really, and makes it really quite difficult to get back to sleep after you've had a dream like that!

I can understand that cheating on somebody can be a drunken mistake, quite easily, and I wouldn't necessarily break up with somebody just because they had cheated on me - but it's how you respond that dictates the relationship for me. If you lie about it, don't tell me or don't show any remorse and I find out, I'm going to be very, very upset. I'm willing to forgive mistakes, but if you don't acknowledge that it's a mistake, I'm not going to be happy. If you tell me the next day and apologise, I'll be much more willing to forgive and trust you.
    Sorry, it's just something that I feel quite strongly about :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I quite regularly have dreams that my boyfriend gets married to somebody else/completely blanks me but acknowledges everybody else/breaks up with me. It's quite upsetting, really, and makes it really quite difficult to get back to sleep after you've had a dream like that!

I can understand that cheating on somebody can be a drunken mistake, quite easily, and I wouldn't necessarily break up with somebody just because they had cheated on me - but it's how you respond that dictates the relationship for me. If you lie about it, don't tell me or don't show any remorse and I find out, I'm going to be very, very upset. I'm willing to forgive mistakes, but if you don't acknowledge that it's a mistake, I'm not going to be happy. If you tell me the next day and apologise, I'll be much more willing to forgive and trust you.
    It was a bit worrying when I couldn't tell if it was a dream or not.

No i'm completely the same, call it being a doormat or whatever but that's the way I am - i'm sure a lot of girls would never be able to take them back no matter what the situation. Luckily I trust my boyfriend completely and he is the sort of guy that would tell me straight away that something had happened if it did..

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit worrying when I couldn't tell if it was a dream or not.
    It's just the worst feeling, those few minutes after you wake up where it takes you a while to realise what was a dream and what wasn't! I do understand
    I also had a dream the other night that I had a really big warm jumper (it wasn't a dream about that, but I think that came into it) - and it took me until about 1.30pm to realise that I didn't, in fact, have that really big warm jumper in real life.
    I always have such vivid dreams, it's too confusing! Haha.
    Anyway, I'll stop hijacking the thread now

ReputationRep:
    This is EXACTLY how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    It's just the worst feeling, those few minutes after you wake up where it takes you a while to realise what was a dream and what wasn't! I do understand
    I also had a dream the other night that I had a really big warm jumper (it wasn't a dream about that, but I think that came into it) - and it took me until about 1.30pm to realise that I didn't, in fact, have that really big warm jumper in real life.
    I always have such vivid dreams, it's too confusing! Haha.
    Anyway, I'll stop hijacking the thread now
    I have that too! I hate when you dream about something really good and a few hours after you wake up you just think "oh ****.......that wasn't real. "
    The other night I dreamed that I found a pair of jeans that fitted me (almost never happens) and I was so happy, then I went to get dressed and it occurred to me that I didn't actually own them.

ReputationRep:
    There's a boy on my course that is really, really fit and I'd love to have sex with him. But I love my boyfriend and I'm committed to him so I wouldn't cheat.

ReputationRep:
    No chance. I have enough respect for my partner for the thought not to cross my mind, plus I'd never forgive myself.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

And I'd rather be dumped than be cheated on which i'm sure goes for a lot of people.

I actually had a dream my boyfriend cheated on me last night :p:
    Was it with me? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    no never in a million years - if i had a girlfriend even if she lived on the opposite side of the world she'd be the only girl in my life - if only i could find her

ReputationRep:
    if i cheated on a gf then i would feel guilty when with them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only ever with a woman if i like her enough to not want to cheat on her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.