Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my pc decided to come up with over frequency and resets itself after the message comes up i dont no what to do.

it turns on then comes up with NEC then it comes up with windows cannot load due to missing file but then when u put the reboot disk in it decides half way through to come up with pc over frequency

HELPPP MY DADS GONNA GO MAD AT ME AND MY SISTER altho i jus put the disk in my sister didnt turn it off right in the first place
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Over frequency? Sounds like a monitor issue to me actually :holmes:. Do you have another monitor you could try?

ReputationRep:
    i have but what do i do about the actual windows not loading due to file missing im really panicking my dads gna kill me altho 2bh iv fixed pcs b4 bt if i plug it in2 a different monitor then i cud in theory put the boot disk nd it will work bcoz it cuts out half way through due to the monitor saying over frequency

ReputationRep:
    Did you change the monitor by any chance? Also it's a monitor generated message isn't it? Or is it a windows/pc generated message?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VickiLynne)
    i have but what do i do about the actual windows not loading due to file missing im really panicking my dads gna kill me altho 2bh iv fixed pcs b4 bt if i plug it in2 a different monitor then i cud in theory put the boot disk nd it will work bcoz it cuts out half way through due to the monitor saying over frequency
    Use another newer monitor.
    Use the recovery disk and fix the system.
    Go to the control panel/graphics card utility and lower the frequency down to minimum well 60 should work I presume.
    Try with the other monitor.

ReputationRep:
    erm iv not changed the monitor yet but i dont no if got a feeling that it cuts out half way through reboot bcoz of the monitor coming up with the monitor based message

ReputationRep:
    Depends what frequency - could be the CPU frequency/clock speed?, i've had that message appear before when booting due to too high voltages set for the CPU.

Or it could be that the boot disk is using a non-native monitor resolution and so either the graphics card or the monitor cannot support it

ReputationRep:
    oh the boot disk iv used before and it worked. but this time it wont work but for some reason i can hear this really weird noise that the pc makes its as if the pcs being turned off sorta thing. it sed that the freuqency was really high but im gna try 2moro nyt with a different monitor and see

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.