Turn on thread page Beta

washing without getting a dressing on the toe wet watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    basically i have a dress on my left big toe which needs to be kept dry at all costs but i don't know how to do this. Our school showers are too big to allow the sticking-the-foot-out-the-curtain thing. and the bath is too slippery to allow me standing up again once i have managed to get in. so what can I do? does anyone have any ingenious methods??? help!

ReputationRep:
    Try sitting in the bath, lie back and dangle your foot over the edge.
    Get in before you run the water
    I am experienced in the art of bathing with both legs in plaster

ReputationRep:
    put a plastic bag over it to keep it dry

ReputationRep:
    Asda carrier bag + lots of black tape. Tape it up so its waterproof.
    This is the method used in hospitals on new dressings, believe it or not, as I learned on my recent placement :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Asda carrier bag + lots of black tape. Tape it up so its waterproof.
    This is the method used in hospitals on new dressings, believe it or not, as I learned on my recent placement :p:
    Lol what they exclusively use asda carrier bags and black tape in hospitals? well at least theyre strict about something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlotteCoster)
    basically i have a dress on my left big toe which needs to be kept dry at all costs but i don't know how to do this. Our school showers are too big to allow the sticking-the-foot-out-the-curtain thing. and the bath is too slippery to allow me standing up again once i have managed to get in. so what can I do? does anyone have any ingenious methods??? help!
    You could get in the bath, dangle your foot out of the tub, fill it with water, wash, empty the bath, then put a towel on the bottom to provide grip and then get out with a bag on your foot. I suppose it's also possible to wash without submerging your body or running water over it. People used to wash with a bowl of water and a cloth so that'll probably get you clean too.

ReputationRep:
    You could try a waterproof sock. It sounds weird but some cyclists do use them:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/-_-/5300006434/
    I would shower with the sock. In a bath your feet will be emersed. Or you could run a 6" bath. That is what People in Yorkshire did in WW11 according to my Grandma.
    Another option is to strip wash. Just wash the essential areas with a flannel.

ReputationRep:
    yuup I use a plastic bag too - for the dressing over my wrist! use a few though as water can get through with one

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all the help guys!!!! and yay, it came off this morning. so i can shower without feeling like an idiot now whoooooo

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.