Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Current Undergrads: Student Finance for 2010/11 is OPEN! watch

ReputationRep:
    Well it's meant to open tomorrow but I checked about half an hour ago and I found out that I can apply now.

Click the link to apply:
    www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance

That's the link you need. Remember the earlier you apply, the more time you have to sort it out.

Good luck for this cycle and I hope no one else has any problems. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Let the torment and horror begin.

ReputationRep:
    lol last year I applied 2 weeks before my course started. I got my first payment 3 weeks ago.

This year I applied 2 minutes ago. I hope to get my first payment on time.

ReputationRep:
    Applying today. Left it too late last time and had a whole lot of trouble.

One question: How did you all know what to put in the "Give the full tuition fee your university is charging for your course in 2010/2011" I've been on the website but it says it hasn't been finalised yet? Can I leave it blank?

ReputationRep:
    I bet everyone will be rushing to apply early this year after last years fiasco :p:

ReputationRep:
    *cues 25-week backlog*

ReputationRep:
    How long is the process! When do you find out if you have got the loan/grant!
    Do you find out insatantly or not??

ReputationRep:
    I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you apply after you have chosen your firm/insurance?
    2. Do you apply for grants/bursary etc. on there as well or is it separate?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coppy)
    How long is the process! When do you find out if you have got the loan/grant!
    Do you find out insatantly or not??
    Like instantly, only the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    I got a paper application sent to me for some reason, seems like a bit of a waste of paper when I always apply online...

I'm applying right now. I really don't want to have to wait till November like last year.

ReputationRep:
    can you only apply after you have chosen your firm and insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali242)
    can you only apply after you have chosen your firm and insurance?
    No,you can apply before you choose your firm and insurance(just choose the university you'd be more likely to go to), you might be advised by others to wait until you do choose your firm and insurance because last year it was a hassle for some to change their university because of SF's incompetence :rolleyes:

So it is up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    Applying today. Left it too late last time and had a whole lot of trouble.

One question: How did you all know what to put in the "Give the full tuition fee your university is charging for your course in 2010/2011" I've been on the website but it says it hasn't been finalised yet? Can I leave it blank?
    According to the help section, the max is £3290 so I imagine most unis will be charging that. It's what I'm going to put down for now anyway, so I least I know I could get the max if that's what it turns out to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolh5000)
    According to the help section, the max is £3290 so I imagine most unis will be charging that. It's what I'm going to put down for now anyway, so I least I know I could get the max if that's what it turns out to be.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Woo hoo done!

ReputationRep:
    Oh joy, the EU students side of the site is down.

Fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    would help if i actually had some offers to decide from first.

ReputationRep:
    Right, I've done my bit now, let the parents do the rest now

ReputationRep:
    I should get one with this but from what I've heard its a nightmare and the amount of questions you have to go through.

I'll probably leave it to the last minute as something like this will piss me off completly.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.