Current Undergrads: Student Finance for 2010/11 is OPEN! Watch

amizzle91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is anyone else here applying non-income assessed?
I know for a fact that I won't be eligible for any grant (parents jointly earn too much per year) so that would be the best option for me yes? I have still applied for maximum tuition fees and maintenance loan though.
polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am going to wait to apply when I know where I'm going... it will be either Loughborough or Leicester anyway.
coolh5000
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by amizzle91)
I know for a fact that I won't be eligible for any grant (parents jointly earn too much per year) so that would be the best option for me yes? I have still applied for maximum tuition fees and maintenance loan though.
I wasn't eligible for anything this year and I won't be next year either, so I've just applied for non income assessed. If you know for definite that you won't get anything if you do income assessed then don't bother. It's a lot less hassle to do it without the extra evidence required etc.
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is it just me or is this completely overcomplicated?

I'd like to edit something on my application and I now need to send them a letter, what a joke.
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The site only broke 3 times whilst trying to complete my part of the application this year. Must be some sort of record. I like the last bit Survey - tell us what you think and then you click it and no survey loads up.

Still got my parents bits to complete, better get my dad ready for his annual call to student finance to get his account details reset. His account keeps getting locked even though the details are correct they are all written down. My mums account is normally fine.
Elliebellyboosh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Regardless of this 25 week backlog people are expecting, it is guaranteed people will leave applying til later. always the way! x
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by flipshot)
The site only broke 3 times whilst trying to complete my part of the application this year. Must be some sort of record. I like the last bit Survey - tell us what you think and then you click it and no survey loads up.

Still got my parents bits to complete, better get my dad ready for his annual call to student finance to get his account details reset. His account keeps getting locked even though the details are correct they are all written down. My mums account is normally fine.
The website broke 3 times for me as well. And there's a bug in the system which I fell into last year (and ended up with a £0 Tuition Fee Loan and £0 Maintenance Loan) which luckily I spotted this year
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheTallOne)
The website broke 3 times for me as well. And there's a bug in the system which I fell into last year (and ended up with a £0 Tuition Fee Loan and £0 Maintenance Loan) which luckily I spotted this year
What bug is this?

I think I might just do a paper application like last year to avoid anything happening.
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
What bug is this?

I think I might just do a paper application like last year to avoid anything happening.
Basically if you're not applying for a Tuition Fee loan and you type '0' as how much your university charges for next year, the following page displays that you're applying for a tuition fee loan and not a maintenance loan (therefore you get £0). You have to enter an amount between 1 and 3290 to fix this and say no to applying for a Tuition Fee loan.

I think that's what happened last year so I then had to send back a form with the amounts I wanted.
Squillyfer
Report 8 years ago
does anyone know what scottish uni's are charging this year? I cant really do my finance till i know and i cant find it anywhere
Coppy
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by amizzle91)
I'm applying non-income assessed!
I think it's slightly unfair that we don't recieve any grants, just because my mum and dad earn over a certain amount but it still doesn't mean they can support me, with it having no financial affect on them!:eek3:
amizzle91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Coppy)
I think it's slightly unfair that we don't recieve any grants, just because my mum and dad earn over a certain amount but it still doesn't mean they can support me, with it having no financial affect on them!:eek3:
Yes, it's the same with EMA. Thankfully I'm at home so I'm not in a really desperate need for money but I can totally relate to those away who would need the extra grants.
Elliebellyboosh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I still applied for some assessment and asked for maximum, even though i knew my parents were earning too much together. its rubbish just cos they're earning high doesnt mean we see any of that money in cash.. !!
Squillyfer
Report 8 years ago
Its worth applying for everything cos last year i thought I was over the limit but applied anyway and did get a little extra so its worth the effort and letting them decide
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Coppy)
Having children has a financial effect on parents! If they won't help they need to sort out their priorities. Most parents find it difficult but help when needed.
Coppy
Report 8 years ago
Was wondering how long it took from when student finance recieved your application, to when they sent out your Alias ID so your parents could support my application??
cherrion
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I applied for finance for 10/11. But I am having to move in with my dad this summer and will be living with him for the year. This is due to personal circumstances at home. Dad and I have now filled in our relevant applications. They didnt ask my dad to send in any evidence and I have for income assessed finance. They say my application is assessed pending approval. How, as they have not had proof of my dads income?
DannyF2010
Report 8 years ago
I Have applied for student finance and around three weeks ago sent of the relevant information that they ask for from parents etc etc yet on my application it says awaiting further information...I am unsure why it has not changed as i sent the letter for recorded delivery and it was accepted so im a bit clueless as to what to do?
Irrepressible
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can someone tell me if EU students can apply online?
DiamondsAreForever
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've done my side of the applications, jut waiting for my parents to fill out some C01 forms and voila! Shall be done..
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (381)
46.24%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (254)
30.83%
I don't have an opinion (189)
22.94%

Watched Threads