Turn on thread page Beta

Current Undergrads: Student Finance for 2010/11 is OPEN! watch

ReputationRep:
    Whoop - got my online declaration form, signed it and sent it off yesterday - think I'm definitely well ahead of the game and hopefully next year I'll be get finance as soon as I start rather than several weeks in. It's so quick when you don't bother putting in your parents' info.

ReputationRep:
    Just one question, I'm assuming you apply by logging in to your online application and clicking on 2010/11 >> Apply for Student Support? I don't want to go and do completely the wrong thing somehow.

Last year I gave up on applying online see and just did it by paper. Do we really have to fill everything out again or is some of it saved from last year? :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    hi, my parents gave their detail but unlike last year are not required to send any evidence, is this the norm or not and what, if anything, does it mean for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    Just one question, I'm assuming you apply by logging in to your online application and clicking on 2010/11 >> Apply for Student Support? I don't want to go and do completely the wrong thing somehow.

Last year I gave up on applying online see and just did it by paper. Do we really have to fill everything out again or is some of it saved from last year? :sigh:
    Yeah I think so. It's easier than last year as all your details are filled in and you just have to answer the basic assessment questions, set the amounts and hit send.

I applied on the 27th, they sent my Declaration Form on the 2nd of Feb and I only went back last weekend and posted it on Sunday (14th). It now says Approved

(Original post by Squillyfer)
    hi, my parents gave their detail but unlike last year are not required to send any evidence, is this the norm or not and what, if anything, does it mean for me?
    Click view my application and check your assessment summary. Check for maintenance grants/other things and see. If not keep an eye out for view correspondence to see what they send you or failing that the postbox in the morning (though if you are at uni you just wait until your parents hand you a pile of mail this easter).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    Click view my application and check your assessment summary. Check for maintenance grants/other things and see. If not keep an eye out for view correspondence to see what they send you or failing that the postbox in the morning (though if you are at uni you just wait until your parents hand you a pile of mail this easter).

Under assessment status it says indicitive assessment and then based on household income.

It says i'm not entitled to tuition fee grant support (not sure what that means).
    Then it has a bit saying saying an amount for contributions to grants/living contributions: assessed contributions (i dont know what this means either) and then an amount for special support grant (is this the maintenance grant?) and then there's my maintenance loan info.

Definitely doesnt ask me for any evidence though which is a bit worrying

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how long applications are currently taking to process?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely doesnt ask me for any evidence though which is a bit worrying
    They only ask for evidence from everyone in the first year. In future years they don't require evidence from everyone. What they do is take a random selection of people to send evidence in, just to try and prevent people from defrauding them by saying they earn less than they do (as there is still the risk they will be asked to prove it).

If they don't write to you asking you to send evidence then you don't need to worry your application should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how long applications are currently taking to process?
    Depends what system you are on. The old LEA way (so if you are going into your 3rd year or later) seem to be quite quick mine was done in a day. This is probably as they will only have a small number of students to process.

The new SLC centralised system seems to be taking the standard amount of time from what people have been posting on here so anything from 3 - 6 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Depends what system you are on. The old LEA way (so if you are going into your 3rd year or later) seem to be quite quick mine was done in a day. This is probably as they will only have a small number of students to process.

The new SLC centralised system seems to be taking the standard amount of time from what people have been posting on here so anything from 3 - 6 weeks.

Thanks, you've been a really big help

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.