Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it normal to only fancy much older men? watch

I've only ever been attracted to older men. Never younger guys and hardly ever anyone my own age. I don't mean super old like 60's/70's lol - I mean 25-55. They just seem so much more mature/wise and I think with age you expect more intelligence (not always the case) and I personally find intelligence/maturity very attractive so I've always gone for the older guys.

ReputationRep:
    Weirdos, ROFL !!

ReputationRep:
    I only fancy older men. I find them charming, experienced and sexy (unless they're immature for their age in ways i don't like)

nowt wrong or not normal about who you do and don't fancy. embrace it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    (Anonymous, please, because my friends'll take the mick like anything if it's not...)

Basically, just that. I'm 16, and currently madly, hopelessly in love with a 46-year-old man (which I hope he doesn't know). I keep going out of my way to see him, leaving school in all my free lessons to watch him from afar (if I put that sentence in context it would prove I mean it in a completely non-stalky way, but it's too awkward to explain), zoning out of conversations and important things and just staring at him. :o: I had a chance to speak to him and was far too embarrassed to even look at him, and when a woman handed him a glass of water and their hands touched I felt so jealous of her it was mental!

Not sure how to sum it up in one question, other than asking if it's ordinary. 'Cos I feel slightly embarrassed when my friends are talking about boyfriends and all that, and then they say 'soooo - anyone registering on your horizon, eh, Anonymous?' I always say no, because I get the the feeling they'll mightily take the mick if I said, Yes, actually, and he's the most wonderfully attractive balding married father-of-two you'll ever see. I mean, is it weird I even find his widow's peak attractive?

*heaves great sigh*

Well, over to you, TSR.
    this sentence is why i suspect troll..
    but i used to have a crush on tommy lee jones when i was like 15.. and i often look at old men and think 'hmm.. i'd like my husband to look like that when we're old'

ReputationRep:
    (Anonymous, please, because my friends'll take the mick like anything if it's not...)

Basically, just that. I'm 16, and currently madly, hopelessly in love with a 46-year-old man (which I hope he doesn't know). I keep going out of my way to see him, leaving school in all my free lessons to watch him from afar (if I put that sentence in context it would prove I mean it in a completely non-stalky way, but it's too awkward to explain), zoning out of conversations and important things and just staring at him. :o: I had a chance to speak to him and was far too embarrassed to even look at him, and when a woman handed him a glass of water and their hands touched I felt so jealous of her it was mental!

Not sure how to sum it up in one question, other than asking if it's ordinary. 'Cos I feel slightly embarrassed when my friends are talking about boyfriends and all that, and then they say 'soooo - anyone registering on your horizon, eh, Anonymous?' I always say no, because I get the the feeling they'll mightily take the mick if I said, Yes, actually, and he's the most wonderfully attractive balding married father-of-two you'll ever see. I mean, is it weird I even find his widow's peak attractive?

*heaves great sigh*

Well, over to you, TSR.
    Ey, is there supposed to be something wrong with widows peaks!? (*has one*..)

I think it's fine for you to fancy him but don't expect anything to happen. Once you got speaking to him I'm sure you'd probably find he's another boring fortysomething 'bloke' interested in football, his kids and how stressed his work makes him. (Massive assumptions I know, but kind of likely.)

Just make sure he doesn't know and don't pursue it..at most you could date a guy in his twenties but anybody over thirty is far too much hassle to get away with.

ReputationRep:

*heaves great sigh*

Well, over to you, TSR.
    He's perfect for you

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm madly in love with Robert Downey Jr. Does that count?
    This! :love:
    But you know, that is pretty different :o:

ReputationRep:
    I tend to connect intellectually more with men in their 30s and 40s, and hence an attraction on my part builds. The taboo of it is probably a factor; but often I wish so-and-so was younger, or I was older. Having an exclusive attraction to only older men is probably quite unusual, although I don't buy all that 'daddy issues' crap.

ReputationRep:

Actually he's a farmer. I can't believe I fancy a farmer!
    Phew, no competition for me then

Hahaa, to show how suitable you are for him you could join a young farmers club?

I hope it all works out well!

Don't worry you're not in love with him, it's just a hard crush. Do you respect him? It will probably be why you fancy him. I fancy one of me teachers lol and he's in his 40s and really not hot, except to me, probable because he's just soo cool! :P

Stop stalking him! And I pretty much guess you know but do not act on it!!!

ReputationRep:
    From year 8 to year 11 i had a pretty sad obsessive crush on my science teacher who was 34 when i was 16...
    It wasn't a prolonged four-year thing, it kept on coming back =/

Then again i went to an all-girls school aaha

Pretty embarrassing though
    So glad i'm in a mixed college now, that was certainly a factor

So yeah, regardless, it happens to a lot of people

ReputationRep:
    I think it's perfectly normal, OP. I fancy older men too and I wish people wouldn't immediately link that to a bad relationship with a girl's father! It's simply a matter of taste. Most girls your age would gag (so to speak) at the thought of dating a 40-year old, I'd gag at the thought of dating an 18-year old. I wish I wouldn't though, it's nearly impossible for me to find someone because of this.

But are you sure it's your general taste or is it just this one guy that happens to be older? Either way, as much as you long to, don't give in to your desires. He's married with children.. You'll just have to let him go, I'm afraid. With time.

Don't worry you're not in love with him, it's just a hard crush. Do you respect him? It will probably be why you fancy him. I fancy one of me teachers lol and he's in his 40s and really not hot, except to me, probable because he's just soo cool! :P
    That's so true, about respecting someone! I'm the same with one of my teachers, too, but I know that's just admiration really, because he's such a smart and inspiring sort of man. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Ines24)
    I think it's perfectly normal, OP. I fancy older men too and I wish people wouldn't immediately link that to a bad relationship with a girl's father! It's simply a matter of taste. Most girls your age would gag (so to speak) at the thought of dating a 40-year old, I'd gag at the thought of dating an 18-year old. I wish I wouldn't though, it's nearly impossible for me to find someone because of this.
    Thank you - that's just a perfect summary.

ReputationRep:
    i like men around there 30s and 40s

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal to only fancy much older men?
    You want to have sex with your dad. It's perfectly normal.

For women is it not more normal?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is in his 40's, but I've also had feelings for people in the past who are around my own age

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.