Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Pretty far. My top choice is 5 hours away from me, so it looks like I'll be doing my own laundry! :p:
    That is quite a distance:yep:
    Where is your top choice?
    I see your from Lincolnshire, thats my top choice:woo:
    What is the nightlife in Lincoln like?:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don John)
    - 7 'o clock alarm goes -

"class? nahhhh..."

- rolls over, gets up 6 hours later -

ahh, the good life :rolleyes:
    Amazing:woo:
    Really hope my lectres, aren't mainly mornings:yep:
    If i got one early morning, may not attend that often:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coppy)
    Thats what i like to hear :yep:
    Could you do a decent night out on £15 at freshers?:woo:
    It would have to be better atmosphere but I know a good nightclub in centre of town who do all you can drink for that price on a saturday night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coppy)
    Amazing:woo:
    Really hope my lectres, aren't mainly mornings:yep:
    If i got one early morning, may not attend that often:woo:
    Nah, if you value your later life you'll probably end up going even if they are in the morning, it's just that I'm a complete train wreck at 8am, and my lectures are 40 minutes' walk away.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the good life! Getting educated of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade-xo)
    It would have to be better atmosphere but I know a good nightclub in centre of town who do all you can drink for that price on a saturday night!
    Yeah, theres one of them where i live :woo:
    Always have a good night out there!
    Drinking before is always a safe bet i suppose, cheaper that way:yep:

ReputationRep:
    The four day weekends

oh yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coppy)
    That is quite a distance:yep:
    Where is your top choice?
    I see your from Lincolnshire, thats my top choice:woo:
    What is the nightlife in Lincoln like?:eek3:
    Lincoln's a lovely city! I lived there for 8 years and now live about an hour away, but still go back for clubbing and family visits.

Lots of nice pubs/bars, I like Dogma for a few drinks before hitting the clubs. As for clubs, it depends what you're into, there's lots on for indie people (Scream, The Cell and a Yo-Yo indie night on Saturdays) and normal clubs playing mainstream pop music. That's about it, which is fine for most people, but there's not the same amount of diversity you'd get in say London or Birmingham. There's lots of live music if you're into that sort of thing (I've seen The Cribs, Florence and the Machine, Glasvegas, Friendly Fires, Bloc Party and Foals at the Engine Shed, and am seeing Dizzee Rascal next month and The Editors the month after). There's good student nights on too - Moda is like an electro club night with people like Kelle from Bloc Party, Annie Mac, Crookers etc DJing, and there's Carnage which is a very messy student only piss up.

Also, I've got a few friends at Lincoln uni and there's house parties there quite a lot. The accomodation's really nice too - all the ones I've seen have been very nice, reasonably priced en suites.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I like the sound of having more independence, but as someone who doesn't do the whole sleeping in until the afternoon type thing is there enough to do at university if you want to do plenty of stuff? Like I've heard a lot of people say they can spend two or three days a week not doing much (apart from going out in the evening) but I'd rather be doing stuff almost every day of the week if possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    I like the sound of having more independence, but as someone who doesn't do the whole sleeping in until the afternoon type thing is there enough to do at university if you want to do plenty of stuff? Like I've heard a lot of people say they can spend two or three days a week not doing much (apart from going out in the evening) but I'd rather be doing stuff almost every day of the week if possible.
    Depends on what you like to do? - there's generally not stuff going on in the morning as such, more the afternoons/ evenings - e.g. Wednesday afternoon is the unwritten but generally agreed sports afternoon for unis up and down the country.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? My course.
    That might sound really geeky, but I never expected to love it as much as I do!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Don John)
    Depends on what you like to do? - there's generally not stuff going on in the morning as such, more the afternoons/ evenings - e.g. Wednesday afternoon is the unwritten but generally agreed sports afternoon for unis up and down the country.
    Well, there are one or two sports I'd like to play I think, plus I'll probably join some societies as well. I guess societies have meetings and that sort of thing? I just like to have some sort of routine, I guess. I'm weird like that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    Well, there are one or two sports I'd like to play I think, plus I'll probably join some societies as well. I guess societies have meetings and that sort of thing? I just like to have some sort of routine, I guess. I'm weird like that. :p:
    Yeah I get you, there are usually hundreds of societies to choose from, or even writing on the uni newspaper, which is pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    Partying And Getting Educated

ReputationRep:
    Not having to explain yourself to your parents when you fall through the door at 4am (in first year, my flatmate literally did fall through the door. A glass door. Not particularly funny at the time, but ******* hilarious now :rofl: Those are the sorts of experiences that make uni unforgettable.)

ReputationRep:
    I already have a lot of freedom, or as much as I want I should say so that won't be much different in uni. For me it'll probably be meeting the different people of different nationalities, and joining clubs and sports teams and competing on a greater level :yep:

ReputationRep:
    making new mates, not having teachers nagging at you to do c/w etc, loads of clubs,parties so theres always something to do or hang out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coppy)
    How far are people moving away from home?
    Both my choices are around 3 hours away,
    which is far enough, but not too far that i can't bring drity laundry home once every 6 weeks :P:
    my 1st choice is an hour and 20 in the car..dirty laundry every 3 weeks im thinkingg x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coppy)
    How far are people moving away from home?
    Both my choices are around 3 hours away,
    which is far enough, but not too far that i can't bring drity laundry home once every 6 weeks :P:
    about 2000 km away... or a 1.30 h flight :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coppy)
    Thats what i like to hear :yep:
    Could you do a decent night out on £15 at freshers?:woo:

£15, easy!

On my first night of freshers it was free entry and a pint and a shot for £1.95. 7 Pints and 7 shots should sort you out! :woo:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.