Turn on thread page Beta

What is the best thing about uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    Sex, drugs, and formal hall.

ReputationRep:
    Is it better to go away from home for university ?

ReputationRep:
    I just love the whole experience. You have independance away from you parents; you've got control over everything basically. You get to live with some great people and have some great times. You are somewhere you want to study to get where you want to be!

However 9am lectures and fire alarms in the middle of the night are not such a great thing!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Coppy)
    Moving away and independace i am looking forward to
    does it take some getting used to, living on your own?
    Well I have the best of both worlds. I'm at Cambridge and the collegiate system is basically catered halls. So all the cooking is done, although we have kitchens too so can cook for ourselves if we so desire, which we quite often do. It is, quite simply, wonderful. A breath of fresh air after eighteen years at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coppy)
    How far are people moving away from home?
    Both my choices are around 3 hours away,
    which is far enough, but not too far that i can't bring drity laundry home once every 6 weeks :P:
    9 hours away ! 515 miles ... It's going to be Amazing to get away from my family for good ! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    living in halls and the people here! and nightlife ofcourse... just generally being able to do whatever the hell you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    Sport + drinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    £15, easy!

On my first night of freshers it was free entry and a pint and a shot for £1.95. 7 Pints and 7 shots should sort you out! :woo:
    Which uni is this?!?!? L'boro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don John)
    haah, but woot. l'boro better want me

ReputationRep:

Oh yes! And on wednesdays it's buy one get one free on all drinks, sooo good :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    Oh yes! And on wednesdays it's buy one get one free on all drinks, sooo good :woo:
    Bloody nora! Have you ever heard of 'stock market night' they do at some places?

ReputationRep:
    Bloody nora! Have you ever heard of 'stock market night' they do at some places?

I'm going to one tomorrow! Never been to one before, should be good. Basically next week most people have off in between semester 1 and 2, so it's what's called 'refreshers week', should be immense.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.