Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else having sex with a friend? watch

Basically as the title says - is anyone else having sex with a friend? if so, has it made your friendship awkward? . . . Im friends with a police officer, absolutely adore his company and his sense of humour. He has said there is no possibility of a relationship as he's not interested in that which I fully respect. However he has said that sex is on the cards . . . and has said the friendship will remain and etc.

Just wondering - do u think its a good idea or should I just not bother?

ReputationRep:
    I bet he makes very good use of his handcuffs :teeth:

And no, got my girl for that :awesome:.

ReputationRep:
    If you feel that it is right, then you should go for it

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you can keep love and sex seperate?

ReputationRep:
    i doubt it. how would they post on TSR at the same time? :confused:

Friends with benefits. Its awesome :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)

And no, got my girl for that :awesome:.
    HAHAHA that's pretty damn funny!

ReputationRep:
    Unless you have absolutely no feelings for him, don't do it. Since you said you wanted a relationship with him, get out while you still can. Sex is just going to intensify those feelings and make you want to be exclusive...which he said isn't going to happen. Do yourself a favour and move on.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you can keep love and sex separate. You're screwed if you do it. Even if you have feelings for him.

Because he won't want a relationship, you'll end up wanting one, you'll get your heart ripped out in the case that you want one, and you'll break down.

/Thread

Depends if you think you can have sex with him and not develop feelings for him. I know I couldn't. I slept with one guy friend and it completely ruined our friendship, we don't talk anymore.

(Original post by icn06)
    Unless you have absolutely no feelings for him, don't do it. Since you said you wanted a relationship with him, get out while you still can. Sex is just going to intensify those feelings and make you want to be exclusive...which he said isn't going to happen. Do yourself a favour and move on.
    LoL I did not write or say I wanted a relationship with him LoL. He said ''relationship is not going to happen'' as he's not interested that aspect, after just coming out of a relationship which I fully respect.

We are both friends and that is it. But we have both discussed the whole sex thing and have said we don't want it to affect the friendship which it won't. Tbh I just like him as a friend, that is it.

I wonder that too . . . :ninjagirl: . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    LoL I did not write or say I wanted a relationship with him LoL. He said ''relationship is not going to happen'' as he's not interested that aspect, after just coming out of a relationship which I fully respect.

We are both friends and that is it. But we have both discussed the whole sex thing and have said we don't want it to affect the friendship which it won't. Tbh I just like him as a friend, that is it.
    Oh okay, I thought the reason he had said he didn't want a relationship was in response to you wanting one.

In that case, if you don't see him in a romantic way and don't see that changing, go for it.

(Original post by icn06)
    Oh okay, I thought the reason he had said he didn't want a relationship was in response to you wanting one.

In that case, if you don't see him in a romantic way and don't see that changing, go for it.
    Nooo - its just sex - we're both friends who want nookie. The idea of having nookie with a police officer excites me tbh lol :ninjagirl: . . . .

ReputationRep:
    he just weants to ifuse you for sex but doesn't like you enough for a relationship basically

ReputationRep:
    These things don't work from personal experience. My (ex) ****-buddy is now a stalker. Just, :nah:.

ReputationRep:
    Not anymore but yeah...

Not good. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Well then !!

ReputationRep:
    The deciding factors =

1. Is he attractive?
    2. Is he good in bed?
    3. Are you cool with casual sex?
    4. Are you interested in anybody else?

3/4 = go for it?

But seriously, it's not that great.
    Not a relationship = doesn't care about your needs = No satisfaction if you get my blindingly obvious drift.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.