Turn on thread page Beta

My sister's ex is a ****, what to do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Last year my sister had a long relationship with this guy who is, at the core, an alright guy. She is 16, he is 19, I am 18. So at first it was alright. Last summer they broke up for a month (he thought he was encroaching on our family too much) and it was great. He used to come round all the time and as he has quite a hard time in his life (had to live alone since 17), he was beginning to annoy me and generally be an unwanted addition to our house. They got back together again and have been together until about 2 weeks ago. He was constantly moaning at her about how **** his life is and she had had enough and her feelings had changed so she told him. It was really hard for her and I am very proud of her for doing it. In a drunken confession he also told her how straight after she broke up with him he slept with his flatmate and how he had lied to her and cheated on her. He doesn't really take no for an answer and has been texting her everyday asking to meet up. He is harassing her and eventually she cracked and saw him! It has not stopped him contacting her and she won't say "No, I don't want to see you" she just makes up excuses. My mum and dad both don't want her to go back out with him and I certainly don't. I don't really want to say anything to either of them but I can't just watch them go back out again, she is missing being in a relationship and she has been the support he has had whilst he had to move out of his own home. So he can't imagine life without her. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Just keep out of it, she's got to make her own mistakes and learn from them, then she won't get burnt again in future.

Alternatively, introduce her to a nice guy!

ReputationRep:
    nothing its not your problem

ReputationRep:
    Mate, your sister is the only person who can make any decisions here.

But if it gets way out of hand, nothing a baseball bat and his legs wont solve.....well it would for you, but hey

ReputationRep:
    you can't do anything. She probably won't appreciate you interfering. Its not your relationship and even if she does want there to be an end to it she needs to learn how to deal with these things herself.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, this is something between your sister and the guy. You can't really do that much about it, other than offer her advise, but at the end of the day it's up to her as to whether or not to listen or to just do as she pleases.

ReputationRep:
    Keep out of her business.

ReputationRep:
    to everyone saying keep out of her business.
    she told him no and now hes harassing her?
    erm.. i can see no way she could possibly want this, but you should probably ask her before you do anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.