Turn on thread page Beta

Things you hate about buses... watch

ReputationRep:
    ...Argh. I get the bus everyday to college and back, and there are quite a few things that piss me off. I'll start.

-Getting on the bus is impossible without someone making it awkward. "On you go first" "No, no, you go" :sigh: Espically when old people do it. I know it's nice manners and everything, but just get on the ******* thing.
    -People seem to have a problem with sitting on their seat. DO NOT TAKE UP THE BLOODY ASILE!
    -Ok, I'm trying my best to walk down the bus to get off without hitting you with my bag, if you had any ******* brains you would sit in and AVOID getting hit. ****-wit.
    -When people don't take up free seats nearer the back (apart from older people) and sit beside you.
    -Children on buses. Ugh.
    -When people talk REALLY loudly on the phone. Ok, I don't want to hear about your boyfriend being a **** or whatever.
    -When people eat pot noodles, in the morning, in the bus.
    -Stupid chav music being played.

Lol. I sat and formulated this all morning...god, I can't wait until I can drive!

ReputationRep:
    My bus isn't at all like yours.
    Sux2bu.

But I hate when the bus runs late.
    Very annoying seeing as it only comes every 15 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    When it's coming to your stop and you stumble down the aisle

When you get charvers playing their bloody music , thats what HEADPHONES are for!

And the seats never have enough leg room

ReputationRep:
    WHEN A ******* SMELLY PERSON SITS NEXT TO YOU.

Or when some fat girl sits next to me and then randomly says 'Hi im trynna loose 10lbs but i dunno wot to do? you look like you work out, wanna help me? '

Honestly I was speechless/

ReputationRep:
    Change. No-one has it, but they demand it. Get a ****ing till in there guys!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    WHEN A ******* SMELLY PERSON SITS NEXT TO YOU.

Or when some fat girl sits next to me and then randomly says 'Hi im trynna loose 10lbs but i dunno wot to do? you look like you work out, wanna help me? '

Honestly I was speechless/
    Hilarious!

On the night bus once I was sitting next to quite a big guy with long curly hair, punk gear, bandanna, the lot. Whilst he was having an argument with 2 really annoying boys who reminded me a bit of Jedward, and another 2 guys in front getting pissed off with the boys, then the punky dude after. Then the punky dude was telling me how much he wants to beat up those two w***ers in front, and I found myself half drunkenly giving anger management classes..

Gotta love night bus stories.

ReputationRep:
    We all have to go through buses at one point - I did for 2 years when I was at college then I passed my test woo!

I used to hate the fact that the bus was so SLOW and when random people try and talk to you grr, I used to get so sleepy on the bus aswel.

ReputationRep:
    Half an hour to college, half an hour back, same story for the last 2 and a half years it's the crappy music, smelly people and schoolkids that get to me. Oh and when i'm on the bus after a late start and at a minute to half past 9 you get the old people complaining that the driver won't let them on. Ffs you don't do anything else all day! Wait ten more minutes. Then the million old people who get on at half past at the next stop

(Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    When it's coming to your stop and you stumble down the aisle

When you get charvers playing their bloody music , thats what HEADPHONES are for!

And the seats never have enough leg room
    Haha, this x100

ReputationRep:
    When they're early they leave early. Even if they're 10 minutes early when the buses should come every 20 minutes.

That on the one time you are actually trying to be early for something and wake up an hour earlier, the bus won't come and the next bus is 10/15 minutes late, making me late again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixiePlumber)
    Half an hour to college, half an hour back, same story for the last 2 and a half years it's the crappy music, smelly people and schoolkids that get to me. Oh and when i'm on the bus after a late start and at a minute to half past 9 you get the old people complaining that the driver won't let them on. Ffs you don't do anything else all day! Wait ten more minutes. Then the million old people who get on at half past at the next stop
    Thats always the case.

You get the normal time bus and no old people, the one day you're running late BAM!!! 25 old people appear out of nowhere to cramp up the bus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

You get the normal time bus and no old people, the one day you're running late BAM!!! 25 old people appear out of nowhere to cramp up the bus.
    Omg I know!!! Or you get the most anti-social bus driver lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Or buses with all the school kids stood by the doors. Move over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I think I prefer the anti social ones to the super social ones who ask you how you are and what you have planned for that day. Also when the bus driver says bye when you get off the bus- I don't quite know what to say, it seems a bit weird to me to say bye to the bus driver .

ReputationRep:
    Packed buses

ReputationRep:
    i hate when you're moving at 0.75c alongside the bus and the bus is turned away from you slightly and it's length is contracted significantly

ReputationRep:
    Lean your head against the window, watch time dribble away and forget everyone.

ReputationRep:
    i hate morons opening the freakin windows when its -10 degrees outside.

i hate when people with headlice sit in front or next me and start swinging their nasty hair about

i hate when people that smell like urine and stale cigarettes sit near me

drunk people, drug addicts. ugh. just die. now..

people bringing animals on the bus. i cant stand animals and i certainly do not want to be sitting next to one. walk your damn dog!!!

i hate when the driver just stops. for like 10 minutes. what the hell? i didnt realize i was on a tour bus. get it moving!!

i hate when people keep the bus waiting for ages asking the driver how to get to wherever. tfl.gov.uk/journeyplanner ftw..

ReputationRep:
    Fat people who sit next to you so you have to squish right up against the window.

Smelly people who sit next to you, making me feel nauseous for the rest of the journey.
    This guy regularly gets on my bus (he's smelly AND fat), and he usually doesn't sit next to me. I saw him away to get on the bus today and I was just praying 'don't sit next to me, please don't sit next me', and what does he do? Sits right next to me. I was not a happy bunny.

When the bus shoots off as soon as you've got your ticket, and you go flying into the nearest seat/pole/stop button...

When you try and walk down the aisle but the bus is really jolty so you nearly fly through the windscreen.

Finally, THEIR TIMINGS ARE GOD DAMN AWFUL.

I have a hatred for buses. I have to get 2 to college/work, one takes 15 mins, the other takes 40 mins with a 10 min wait in between, longer if the first bus is late and I miss the connection!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.