Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am usually pretty regular, but my last period came 5 weeks after the start of the previous one, and this one has come 3 weeks after the start of that one. Also, with this one I seem to be unusually heavy. Can usually leave a super tampon in for 4-5 hours but that didn't go to plan this morning (if you know what I mean).

I am not having sex or anything, never have done, so does anyone know what could be the cause? I am sure it is probably nothing, but i just needed to ask someone to check...Could it be due to my Mum's cycle syncing in with mine?

Urghh I just want to know why!

ReputationRep:
    Noooooo!!! :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    it could be anything. you been particularly stressed or anythign lately? gone on a contraceptive pill? anything like that? it might have something to do with your mum's cycle. i wouldn't worry too much. if it doesn't settle down again see a doctor though if you are reall worried

ReputationRep:
    These things just happen. During puberty your periods will change rhythm and be irregular from time to time. Can often be due to stress but otherwise it just occurs at random due to your hormones. I have never once had a regular period, mine have always been heavy and sometimes I have a few months between them. There won't be anything wrong its just something that we have to deal with!

Coukld be something to do with your Mum's periods. :dontknow:. Though that could be an urban myth, I have experienced it myself; I used to have periods completely regularly (as much as I could pin it down to about 6 hours when it would next start), but when my mum had a hysterectomy (so no more periods for her) my periods suddenly became much more irregular. I'm guessing when she had periods we synced so mine were at the same time as hers, and now my body doesn't have anything to sync with any more.:p: The same could be happening to you (but I don't know why this would suddenly happen randomly, unless you've only just started living with her.)
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    girls in the flat upstairs all syncronised with each other, lol, resulted in one of them having two periods in the space of two weeks.. happened with me at school too.. when school finished so did my period then it fixed itself again, then it was fairly regular with me being away from home... went completly ****** over xmas holidays and was fixed again (I hope) now I'm back...

I'm sure you're fine worrying won't help anything!

ReputationRep:
    There has been studies showing that menstrual cycles can be synced. But irregular periods can also be caused by other things such as stress, imbalance of hormones, change in lifestyle etc etc
    I wouldn't worry about it for now, as cycles usually start to regularise as you get older.
    But if the problem persists, you can always go to your GP and get it checked.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.