Who's better at chatting up the opposite sex? Boys or girls?Why? Watch

9MmBulletz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I was bored and it just came up as a question in my head. Due to some of the lame techniques some men use to seduce a woman and the infrequency of women chatting up men, who's better at the job?
fox_the_fix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ambiguous context man.
Guy good at chatting up girls > girl good at chatting up guys by far.

But a girl who has no idea how to chat up guys > a guy with no idea.
the.white.rabbit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Girls are better.........
spread_logic_not_hate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lets look at the relative difficulties.

Guy: needs to prove he is thoughtful, romantic, caring, intuitive, understanding and fun.

Girl: needs to prove she has breasts.

Case closed.
Anonymous0155
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
breasts
/end thread
9MmBulletz
Rep:
?
(Original post by fox_the_fix)
Ambiguous context man.
Guy good at chatting up girls > girl good at chatting up guys by far.

But a girl who has no idea how to chat up guys > a guy with no idea.
I'm not asking who it's easier for (average-good looking women ofc ) just a question of who's better generally at chatting up the opposite sex.
shessolovely
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Girls.
fox_the_fix
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 9MmBulletz)
I'm not asking who it's easier for (average-good looking women ofc ) just a question of who's better generally at chatting up the opposite sex.
Guys because we actually have to chatup a girl.
Girls can just flatter their eye lids and my pants would be around my ankles before Kate Moss' nose hit the coke.

So it's kinda unfair if you know whatimeaan.
lella_m
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Boys are better.
Irrelevance
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Girls because they have boobs. :coma:
ciawhobat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This misses the point, really. Girls barely ever "chat up" guys, they just stand there being the hollow, uninteresting but pretty beings that they are, and guys go and chat them up.

I would in fact say that there is no female "chatting up" that gets done. Instead, they have their "being pretty" and basically acting receptive to male interest - that's their equivalent.
And both are required for a successful meeting of a man+woman... so we can't really say who is "better".......

kno wat i meen?
9MmBulletz
Rep:
?
(Original post by fox_the_fix)
Guys because we actually have to chatup a girl.
Girls can just flatter their eye lids and my pants would be around my ankles before Kate Moss' nose hit the coke.

So it's kinda unfair if you know whatimeaan.
I was referring to just communicaiton and sub-communication& BL not adjusting your bra or winking etc
fox_the_fix
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 9MmBulletz)
I was referring to just communicaiton and sub-communication& BL not adjusting your bra or winking etc
Guys are better at chatting a girl up, period.
Girls success rates are higher than guys success rates.

So lol it really depends if we're basing this question on the 'means' or the 'ends'.

If it's the former then guys>, the latter then girls>
tucker672
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Girls.

/thread
Ahsan_123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I go for the girls definitely
ciawhobat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Or if we look at success rates, then women would win every time. Like someone else said, a girl trying it on with a guy probably gets what she wants the VAST majority of the time.

Guys, however, rarely have such luck - often having to try many women before they get a hit.

Or we should perhaps remove the "pre-selection" factor - since a man will judge before initiating contact who is likely to be receptive to his advances. If we imagine the situation where an average man is pitted against 100 random women, his success rate would be VERY low. With the roles reversed, she might literally get 100% of them.
getrudeus
Report 8 years ago
The concept of a 'player' is instantly associated with being male.

/thread
Hippopothomas
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ciawhobat)
...they just stand there being the hollow, uninteresting but pretty beings that they are...
More than an ounce of truth there my friend, although that said they are a product of the way that society expects them to be. We still live in a society that largely still expects women to harbour aspirations like raising children and of course many women conform to this biological function being the centre of their lives.

As for the original topic I think women are naturally better in social situations but a woman can’t chat up a man as losing social status is much more of an issue for women than men. For men the rules are different, being a man who can talk to women (in the right way) actually gives you a greater social status.
tinywings
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Probably boys, because as a girl, you barely have to do anything. Most guys are so desperate and easy, it's hilarious!
9MmBulletz
Rep:
?
(Original post by ciawhobat)
Or if we look at success rates, then women would win every time. Like someone else said, a girl trying it on with a guy probably gets what she wants the VAST majority of the time.

Guys, however, rarely have such luck - often having to try many women before they get a hit.

Or we should perhaps remove the "pre-selection" factor - since a man will judge before initiating contact who is likely to be receptive to his advances. If we imagine the situation where an average man is pitted against 100 random women, his success rate would be VERY low. With the roles reversed, she might literally get 100% of them.
that's true i suppose the pre-selection plays a huge part. so does confidence, SOH, dress sense, social proof etc. women judge you upon the moment they see you, and they normally decide within 5 minutes if they wanna have sex with a guy. Not that they openly discuss this...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
27.97%
No (569)
72.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise