Turn on thread page Beta

Dress Help For Leavers 'Do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, we're in the process of arranging our yr 13 leaver's do for May, and some of the girls came up with a Hollywood Red Carpet theme. I'm pretty crap with dresses in general, but not a clue about this theme! Further than Debenhams and House of Fraser, I'm stuck with where to get one, and I don't know what'll suit me!

I'm quite tall (5"11) and fairly slim (size 8-10), but a small chest, so no dresses that will make them look non-existant - I can wear strapless ones though, if there are any nice ones.

Could anyone point me in a direction for the style I should go for, and some nice reasonable priced shops? Thanks :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_x)
    Basically, we're in the process of arranging our yr 13 leaver's do for May, and some of the girls came up with a Hollywood Red Carpet theme. I'm pretty crap with dresses in general, but not a clue about this theme! Further than Debenhams and House of Fraser, I'm stuck with where to get one, and I don't know what'll suit me!

I'm quite tall (5"11) and fairly slim (size 8-10), but a small chest, so no dresses that will make them look non-existant - I can wear strapless ones though, if there are any nice ones.

Could anyone point me in a direction for the style I should go for, and some nice reasonable priced shops? Thanks :o:
    A lot of people in my year are going with dresses from Lipsy, I've been looking at a few from Rare and Warehousebut i don't know if these are formal enough for a red carpet theme. Either way, they may give you an idea of what to go for.

Style wise, longer dresses may suit your theme more, but it isn't all about floor length on the red carpets anymore. I you go for a shorter dress then making sure it's strapless will help it look more formal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_x)

If you're 5"11 and an 8-10 then you are very lucky and can get away with dresses most people couldn't

ReputationRep:
    Tk Maxx is the ultimate for prom dresses, especially if you've got a hollywood red carpet theme. They have every colour and style going and prices range from about £20-50.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.