Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Will the security people at Thekla club accept a student ID for entering? Or do you have to bring your passport?

ReputationRep:
    You can technically enter the university younger than 18 with special provisions, for this reason quite a few places don't accept them as I.D's. You might get lucky and be fine, but if you've got a passport and a secure pocket I'd say better to be safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they checked ID when I went a couple of years ago...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    I don't think they checked ID when I went a couple of years ago...
    wow Stephen Colbert was on a boat :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they will almost certainly check your ID. Unless you are an attractive girl, in which case you might be able to sneak in without.

ReputationRep:
    Checked my ID a couple of weeks ago - a drivers license is fine

ReputationRep:
    They checked my ID a couple of years ago. All I had at the time was an Organ Donation card (no photo!) and a mate to vouch for me. They accepted it, although I wasn't trying to buy alcohol at the time.

ReputationRep:
    your student ID is only really useful to get into/money off student nights. Play it safe and get some ID.

ReputationRep:
    You can't use student ID, drivers licence or passport only. And even though the bouncers are quite letchy they are strict. Just apply for a provisional licence if you can't take your passport out with you.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.