Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entrepreneur_NO1)
    Now I KNOW she wouldn't cheat on me ever. She doesn't drink for starters.
    Funnily enough I've cheated on someone sober.

ReputationRep:
    I know I've already had my say but, Whatever you do, DO NOT MARRY THE GUY WITHOUT TELLING HIM! I still don't understand these people who say that what they don't know can't hurt them, and yes some people would rather not know, but as they have not made this agreement then she owes him complete and utter honestly. Otherwise the marriage would be based on a lie and will be a copmplete sham. Image finding out 10-20 years down the line that your partner had kept this massive secret from you the whole time, decieving you and lying to you. I can't even imagine how much that would hurt. The sooner you tell him, the better. So then he can make a decision after knowing everything. I don't understand how you can say you love someone but are willing to take that right away from them. The right to choose what kind of partner they marry, and I for one would never choose someone who I knew was a liar and a cheater.

I'm not doubting you love him. Everyone makes mistakes, it's human nature. But it's when people don't admit to their mistakes and try to make things better that disgusts me. And if you don't, I hope you get everything that's coming to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know I'm going to get so much abuse for this, which I deserve.

I got very very very very drunk last week (I don't remember going to his room) and slept with one of my friends who was also pretty drunk. I am absolutely distraught about it, I have cried on and off the past week, can't sleep and don't know what to do. I'm not saying this for sympathy but just so you realise I'm not taking this lightly. Nobody will find out as the guy I slept with has a girlfriend too so he won't tell anyone.

What's hurting the most is how it would ruin my boyfriend if I told him - I just can't. He would never trust a girl again (even a faithful one) and it's not fair to make somebody else suffer like that. So I can't tell him.

My 2 options are to stay going out with him and pretend it never happened. Or to break up with him and not tell him the real reason.

Please help me. I love him so much, we have been together for years and have an amazing relationship - whatever people say you can cheat on someone you love that much. We could easily end up getting married, except for my stupid stupid mistake which I know I have to pay for.

Help from people who aren't just going to tell me I'm a *****/whore/slut/deserve to die would be really appreciated.
    Don't tell him and pretend it never happened.
    If you remain faithful to him, it was a single slip up. Nothing to beat yourself up about.
    If you do something similar again, don't give yourself a second chance. If it happens again, then tell him.

We all make mistakes. Its human nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    You have a duty to tell him.
    If I were with a girl for years and she didn't tell me she cheated on me, that would hurt me more so than the actual cheating - it just shows pure disrespect.
    Although, as it's been put to me, why punish the faithful half? Why should they suffer when it's the other half's fault? I don't see why the faithful half should suffer so much, when the unfaithful half could stop them suffering by taking the guilt themselves.

ReputationRep:
    ALl right, think about this.You want to have sex with another guy although you have a boyfriend.Although you have a TV, you still go to the cinema.
    Then, what`s the problem ?

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him.

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOOOOO don't tell him, there's no point. your judgement was ******. Just make sure you don't get that drunk again

ReputationRep:
    Don;t worry i cheat on my girlfriend all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mechazoid)
    Don;t worry i cheat on my girlfriend all the time.
    LOL wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reisen)
    LOL wtf?

I said i cheat on my girlfriend all the time, but right now i kind of have two girlfriends so...

I have about ten girls who wanna meet up with me aswell, some of which i have slept with already.

Life is good.

ReputationRep:
    I said i cheat on my girlfriend all the time, but right now i kind of have two girlfriends so...

I have about ten girls who wanna meet up with me aswell, some of which i have slept with already.

Life is good.
    Fair enough! so they're not like proper gf's then who you're really close to? do they know about each other?

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough! so they're not like proper gf's then who you're really close to? do they know about each other?

Depends how you define proper girlfriend they think their my girlfriend and i just let them believe it. No ofcourse they don't know about each other.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how you define proper girlfriend they think their my girlfriend and i just let them believe it. No ofcourse they don't know about each other.
    Not everyone would be bothered if a guy they were seeing was also seeing someone else - esp. if they were just after a good time.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone would be bothered if a guy they were seeing was also seeing someone else - esp. if they were just after a good time.

I don't think thats the case, haha. No i will not be informing any of the girls I am interested in that i am also interested in other girls.

HOwever if you are either of the girls in your profile picture you are welcome to become apart of my stable.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think thats the case, haha. No i will not be informing any of the girls I am interested in that i am also interested in other girls.

HOwever if you are either of the girls in your profile picture you are welcome to become apart of my stable.

lol cheers i would but you probably live too far away, oh yeh and my bf is one of those people who believe in monogamy :confused: I personally am not hugely bothered about it

(i'm on the left)

ReputationRep:
    Nice, you'd do me nicely.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.