Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm trying to use Gnuplot in Xcode via the gnuplot_i.c and gnuplot_i.h files.
    I've found these sites with help:
    official gnuplot_i sit :http://ndevilla.free.fr/gnuplot/index.html

I have installed Gnuplot + aquaterm. edited the profile so that gnuplot is added to the PATH at each login (=> I can just type gnuplot in terminal and it launches gnuplot within that shell). And whenever Xcode compiles one of the examples available from the official site it reports no errors and launches the program.

But here's the catch:
    once the program is built and running it gives me this error:
    *** example of gnuplot control through C ***
    cannot find gnuplot in your PATH
    Which according to the various sources can be fixed by creating a file named environment.plist in .MacOSX in the home directory.
    But which one is the home directory ? I only have a volume named home and it doesn't have anything on it. I've also tried :
    cd /home *which works*
    mkdir ".MacOSX" *doesn't work*
    has anyone got an idea of what I should do to make this work :confused:, I've been looking around for half the day and the info seems a bit old in most cases

• TSR Group Staff

TSR Group Staff
    Your home directory can always be accessed using the ~ shortcut, i.e. $ cd ~. My memory fails me on where it actually lives on Mac systems, but ~ will find it.

Ok thanks once that was done it was really straightforward thanks
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.