Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Converse: neat or scruffy? Watch

• View Poll Results: I prefer Converse when they're...
    Neat
    33.33%
    Scruffy
    66.67%

ReputationRep:
    Which do you think looks better? Neat, new-looking Converse, or scruffy, dirty, old-looking Converse?

ReputationRep:
    scruffy

ReputationRep:
    scruffy.

I make a point of walking though muddy fields and getting people to stand on my shoes when i get a new pair.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to explain this to someone once and they conceded by a look that I was weird. :p:

Scruffy equates to converse, you need to wear them, have scuffed toes, rips and maybe graffiti just for them to be perfect :love:!!

ReputationRep:
    No Converse at all !!

ReputationRep:
    Scruffy.

When I used to wear them, I'd drag them across my drive way and walk through the muddy grass to rough them up a bit

ReputationRep:
    Like trainers in general: scruffy.

But just up to a point where they're still to be considered shoes. When there are larger holes and they're completely falling apart, they start to look nasty...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    scruffy.

I make a point of walking though muddy fields and getting people to stand on my shoes when i get a new pair.
    I do the exact same!

ReputationRep:
    I got my first pair of Converses in 2005 and I still wear them now and they are PERFECT and I have never and will never, ever wash them! Well actually I lie, I only wear one of them now because I swapped the other with my friend. But still. SCRUFFY!

ReputationRep:
    they look all shiney and new and cool when they are new (duh funnily enough !)
    but arg scruffy yum yum look the best !!

ReputationRep:
    Haha well I have a scruffy pair and a neat pair - it depends where I'm going to which I wear. I do love my scruffy ones though... they are more comfortable :P:

ReputationRep:
    Scruffy, most of mines are scruffy though i recently brought a nice pair thats needs some tlc

ReputationRep:
    Lol I purposely make mine scruffy, too My scruffiest pair ended up getting holes in the soles though... I had to chuck them away when I was on holiday in Paris

ReputationRep:
    They definitely look better scruffy. Lol, although I'd never go out my way just to make them dirty and that. Just let it happen progressively. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Scruffy.

When I used to wear them, I'd drag them across my drive way and walk through the muddy grass to rough them up a bit
    When I first got mine, a friend immeadiately coerced me into doing that.

And judging by the responses in this thread he was right

ReputationRep:
    I prefer mine neat but mostly because after a while of wearing them the heel starts to wear away inside and rubs against my heel and ankle

Had to throw my last pair away cause it got to the point where it felt like someone was shoving needles in my ankles with every step I took.

ReputationRep:
    Depends, both are good - It's having a pair somewhere in between that you don't want. The "slightly worn" look just looks lame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccioJellyBean)
    I got my first pair of Converses in 2005 and I still wear them now and they are PERFECT and I have never and will never, ever wash them! Well actually I lie, I only wear one of them now because I swapped the other with my friend. But still. SCRUFFY!
    So, which one looks scruffier? The one you've kept or the one your friend's wearing?

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere in the middle?

ReputationRep:
    I think the ones with the patterns on should look worn but not be scruffy. Plain ones should be scruffy but not to the point where they've got rips in the fabric and stuff... that just looks like your shoes should have been in the bin about a year ago! Still, i had to throw away my first pair of converse because they were getting really really slick on the bottom and I slid everywhere... they were also leaky because i'd worn through the rubber at the bottom. My new pair of converse have never felt quite the same which is sad... in fact, they're pretty uncomfortable so I won't wear them for a whole day!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.