Turn on thread page Beta

TSR! Tell me what you think of this dress... watch

ReputationRep:
    Omg I actually love it!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh it's beautiful A tall figure would look so nice in that. I wouldn't try it because I'm short.
    And thank you, I found my prom dress on Asos =D

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't wear anything like that, but it's ok I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    the dress looks really nice, might have to be careful what underwear you wear, however get it, wear some bangles with it should go with it

ReputationRep:
    I like everything about it except for the silver bit

ReputationRep:
    I love it. Take a leap of faith.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely up to you, although personally I really really don't like the whole intense silver foil vibe.
    If you want to find something really different, you could have a go at designing your own? http://www.styleshake.com/default.aspx is pretty cool, you can really play around with ideas and it's fairly cheap, too.

ReputationRep:
    :yep: Gorgeous! so pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angela_Beth)
    Hi all

What do you think? Please, feel free to be brutally honest! I have to say, I think it's pretty stunning... But maybe loads of people would have it already? It's not a bad price for that type of dress (i've got a friend who paid £350 for hers :eek: ) and I know ASOS is a popular site.

Thanks a lot in advance! :p:
    That is really nice, has a good contrast of shiny-esque material to plain so it works. I like it.

And Welcome to TSR :wavey:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think you'll need to be stick thin to avoid looking like a turkey wrapped up in tinfoil...

ReputationRep:
    Its nice but make sure if you get it try it on and make sure it flows off you and doesn't cling. Otherwise, as hannahradford rightly said you will look like a turkey wrapped in tin foil!

Accessories to the bare minimum maybe some dangly diamondesque earrings and a bangle. Some nice heels/sandals and a clutch bag (preferably black).

When I zoomed it its actually mini sequins at the bustline which is pretty...make sure it looks flattering or send it back.

It doesnt hurt to be daring once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's gorgeous!! (on the model, anyway )
    as already told, you have to be pretty confident to wear it and I wouldn't recommend any jewellery at all... what's your haircolor?

ReputationRep:
    ... It looks like those space blanket things.

It's nice in theory, the shiny material is just a bit vile though. If you think you can wear it and have the confidence to carry it off, then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it Despite its length, I don't think it looks very formal, and it's just a bit BAM! in your face... sorry :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You can make a statement without it being OTT. I think it would look strange, sorry.

I wore http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thin...e=l&tid=394243 that dress to my prom, it was slightly different but not too OTT.

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between thinking it's absolutely stunning to it's really cheap and tacky looking.

ReputationRep:
    It looks nice in the image on that particular model and it definitely is different but on the video, it doesn't seem to move well, looks kinda strange actually. I love the shape of it though

ReputationRep:
    love it i hope you are tall, OP!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure. I love the style, not so keen on the silver bit cos there is just too much of it. If I had to get something floor length I would rather get something that was quite fitted on top and flattering at the bottom.. maybe similar to this http://www.asos.com/Coast/Coast-Tige...t=-1&clr=Black although that is a little boring. I do like the style of yours better, but I think it could look very unflattering with the massive silver part and considering you aren't 6ft tall.. I dunno, it's the kind of thing I would rather try on. If you have your heart set on it try it on in a shop with heels you plan on wearing or of a similar height to the ones you plan on buying just to see how easy it is to walk in and how it looks. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies, folks!

Positive and negative, it's all helpful

(oh, and since one or two people have asked, I've got long reddish/auburn hair)

I think I'll go ahead and order it. I'd like to try it on, anyway, and it's free return - so I don't lose anything by giving it a go! I've a few weeks left, so it's not a big deal if I don't like it on me.

xo Angela_Beth

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.