Turn on thread page Beta

Vampire film/series watch

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody think of any good vampire films or series.
    I saw True Blood and now i'm a little addicted. I've already seen Blood Ties, Moonlight, a bunch of dracula films, buffy, Van helsing, Blood +, Being human, Interview with a vampire, Queen of the damned, Carmilla, The Fearless Vampire Killers, Nosferatu, Vampire diaries, Cirque du freak, Twilight and New moon (although i prefer things more bloody than those last few).
    I've gone through the wikipedia page for vampire films but there are so many and an awful lot look crap so I'm wondering if anyone has any good ones they've seen.

ReputationRep:
    Blimey. That's a lot of vampire stuff.

Have you read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles? I hear they're pretty good. Besides, books are a lot better than movies/TV. :p:

ReputationRep:
    The Hamiltons. :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I haven't seen it but I've been meaning to. Apparently it's really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    The Hamiltons. :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I haven't seen it but I've been meaning to. Apparently it's really good
    I didn't think anyone had seen that but me! (EDIT: Just read the spoiler. It's alright! I wouldn't rave about it!)

Oh and OP, was Cirque Du Freak any good? I love the books but didn't go see the film! They seemed to change the story too much from what I've seen from trailers etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hay.hay)
    I didn't think anyone had seen that but me! (EDIT: Just read the spoiler. It's alright! I wouldn't rave about it!)

Oh and OP, was Cirque Du Freak any good? I love the books but didn't go see the film! They seemed to change the story too much from what I've seen from trailers etc.
    This guy has an opinion :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    If anybody says Twilight, its GAME OVER

ReputationRep:
    I've heard good things about The Lost Boys. Oh, and Thirst is meant to be pretty good as well.

Why not try reading a few vampire series? There are so many of them around nowadays! Obviously most of them are pretty crappy, but a few are good. Charlaine Harris' True Blood book series isn't half bad, and you can get the box set on amazon for £20 for 8 books, which isn't too shabby... Check out amazon, I'm sure you can find a million vampire series - most of them are for teenagers, but if you want something a little less angsty try The Historian or Let The Right One In (which is meant to be a SERIOUSLY creepy vampire movie). Oh, and of course, there's always Dracula.

Jeez, I sound like such a vampire creeper now. I'm not really, I swear

ReputationRep:
    Interview with a vampire,
    Underworld,
    Near Dark
    Fright Night
    Blade
    Lost Boys (favourite of all time)
    Salem's Lot (stephen king)
    30 Days of Night
    Shadow of a Vampire
    Buffy (obviously but the buffyverse is quite interesting)
    From Dusk til Dawn (has to be one of my favourite ones mainly for how gory it is and it's by Tarantino XD)

I suppose Chronicles of Riddick and Pitch Black are close to the vampire series in some respect though it's what I instantly thought of cause of the eerie feeling haha XD.
    Daywatch and Nightwatch, these are Russian vampire films but their action is pretty dark XD

Oh yeah as someone else said thirst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tknight7)
    If anybody says Twilight, its GAME OVER
    OP's already seen Twilight and New Moon anyway haha

ReputationRep:
    Vampire somethinggg starting next week on tuesday itv2 =) like twilight from what ive seen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Blimey. That's a lot of vampire stuff.
    Have you read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles? I hear they're pretty good. Besides, books are a lot better than movies/TV. :p:
    I'd say it's the normal amount of vampire that anyone born in the 90s would have watched. I'm not obsessed. honest:p:
    I'm a big anne rice fan but i don't make a habit of reading vampire books because reading time tends to comes out of homework time so books have to be worth late homework to merit reading and vampire books rarely are. Tv and movies come out of sleep and doing nothing time so they're ok.

ReputationRep:
    This guy has an opinion :rofl:
    That's why I never went to see it! I'd just annoy everyone going 'That's not how it is in the book/that doesn't happen/he doesn't look like that'.

ReputationRep:
    Mona the Vampire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facetious)
    OP's already seen Twilight and New Moon anyway haha
    You're so pedantic ;)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    Mona the Vampire
    If that was your fb status I'd like it.

ReputationRep:
    I assume you're lumping Angel in with Buffy, but if not, a must see.

ReputationRep:
    If that was your fb status I'd like it.
    But manchester united victory is there :hand:

back when CBBC was good though :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Very good suggestions, i must say. I kept meaning to see lost boys and thirst looks very good.
    (Original post by hay.hay)
    Can't really say as i may have had cinema bias (you love every film you see in the cinema but hate it when you see it on dvd) but i loved it at the cinema. They did change alot but it's still cool. Feels a wee bit disney-ish though.

ReputationRep:
    Thirst

Let the Right One In

Cronos

ReputationRep:
    Nosferatu (duh)
    Shadow Of The Vampire (possibly my favourite)
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    The Addiction
    Horror Of Dracula
    The Last Man On Earth (far more true to the book adaptation of I Am Legend)
    Lifeforce (vampires in space)
    Nadja
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    Near Dark
    Vampires
    Dracula
    Blacula :P
    Underworld 1-whatever
    Bordello of Blood
    Innocent Blood
    The Lost Boys
    30 Days Of Night

Fair few I didn't see mentioned, turns out they're roughly in order from best to 'worst'.

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.