Turn on thread page Beta

Are you a good student? watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? No.
    Do you always give you work in on time? When I'm in the class.
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Procrastinating pays off now.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Not enough as I should.
    What are your grades like? Scraping my predictions.
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Probably heading for a lot of resits.

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Most of them - my attendance dropped off towards the end of the term though
    Do you always give you work in on time? Yeah, if it's going to be graded. Otherwise I don't bother.
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? I usually start quite early but don't put much effort in, then have to rush to finish it.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? I do the bare minimum.
    What are your grades like? Mainly 2:1s
    How well do you think you are doing in general? It's worked out OK so far but I'm going to put more effort in next semester.

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Not all of them, was around 70% but i have been going in everyday for the last 2 weeks and hope to continue.
    Do you always give you work in on time? All of my essays are always handed in on time and usually the day before the deadline.
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Not really, I do usually start it promptly, leave it for a month then rush it a week before its due.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Absolutely not! when i'm in the seminar that its supposed to be based on, thats when you find me in the corner skim reading it!
    What are your grades like? at the mo im still on the 2:1 pathway, but with my last essay i just handed in may lower it down
    How well do you think you are doing in general? I have been lazy this year and kept thinking that i was so smart i didn't have to put any effort in, but finally got the sense back into my head that my degree won't be handed on a plate to me!

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? - Most, only missed one quite early on in the term.
    Do you always give you work in on time? - Yes
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? - A bit of both. I do pay attention in lectures but only remember about 10% two weeks later which means I have to revisit it before exams.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? - not really, there's way too much!
    What are your grades like? - top 20% in the year so far (based only on one exam)
    How well do you think you are doing in general? - ok, but i'm working quite hard just to stay afloat tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Yep, I'm always there
    Do you always give you work in on time? Yep
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Last minute, I work better under pressure
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? I guess, I need to do more though .
    What are your grades like? As and Bs, I've only got one C >>
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Not too bad, I need to get some reading done for Psychology, or my teacher's gonna beat me with a wet towel.

ReputationRep:
    from when i was a student

Do you attend all your lectures/classes?yes. 100% adttendance over 3 years
    Do you always give you work in on time?yes
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute?generally i am very efficient because it stresses me out not to be but some time i forgot that i actually had work to do, however i still rearly rushed it
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to?yes and more
    What are your grades like?top 10% of my class most of the time
    How well do you think you are doing in general?i did very well but i didnt get 100% so i could have done better

i think that i am a good student if these answers are anything to go by but i also think that being a obsessive helped lol

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? yes for the subjects i like; i'd rather go home than do maths...
    Do you always give you work in on time? Yes
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? yes, unless i have free time and have absolutely nothing better to do.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? errr some
    What are your grades like? most stuff its good, blessed with a good memory.
    How well do you think you are doing in general? good enough

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? End up sleeping though most lectures, both the ones I don't go to and the ones I do :p: Rarely miss tutorials though, but they take attendance and deduct marks for lots of unexplained disappearances
    Do you always give you work in on time? I've only had 1 piece to hand in so far and that was on time :dontknow: Pulled an all nighter for it though =P
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Last minute every time =P
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Hardly any tbh
    What are your grades like? According to my exam results I'm slap bang in the middle of the class
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Right now I've got zero motivation and not putting effort in and still doing not too bad. Once I'm past this period of feeling like a zombie and actually get round to working, things will get even better. Though in saying all this, 'tis only first year =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    I am an excellent student.
    I hate you

I find it hard when most of the older years are going 'this module is pointless' and 'just cram over easter and you will be fine'

I have the mindset of 'atleast I am not the worst' probably not the best attitude to take.

ReputationRep:
    im such a lazy student cant be asked to in for lectures and have to force my self to go seminers. coursework is alwas late like im doin one right now which was meant to be in last friday and got another one which is meant to be in tomorrow. im such a crap student.

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? No. I skip the lectures I feel I gain nothing from attending.

Do you always give you work in on time? Yes.

Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? I try to get things done the day before

Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? No. If I have to write an essay on it etc. I will read it. I often read stuff in the course book that I'm not required to read though.

What are your grades like? Philosophy high 2.1, Computer Sci high 1.1.

How well do you think you are doing in general? Fine so far. I think I should do some more reading outside of the required stuff though and mess with programming more often.

ReputationRep:
    I don't take much effort to study really. And even then I generally get the highest marks in my classes. :yep:

I took a marketing exam in Dec. 2009, and I'm quite confident i got the highest score in my class. All the other plebs in their still probably don't understand what the difference is between a good and a service, or why joint ventures exist as a means of foreign investment in international marketing. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anamaria90)
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes?
    Do you always give you work in on time?
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute?
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to?
    What are your grades like?
    How well do you think you are doing in general?

I want to know how people rate of themselves as students. I know TSR tends to be full of very high achievers but I just wanted to get an idea of the proportion of geeks to lazy bums. So, what do you think you are?
    Yes but sometimes I miss if I know I can catch up.

Yes, always.

Bit of both; I can work efficiently in the last minute but do leave things too late, yes.

Not really, but I am only in Year 13 so don't need to do as much.

Hopefully A's.

Pretty decent, could be a lot better if I worked from day 1.

ReputationRep:
    No, I probably attend about 40% of the time.

Yes.

Yes.

No, I read what I think is relevant and useful.

I usually get 65-74%

Super!

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? no :sigh:
    Do you always give you work in on time? :yep:
    Are you an efficient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Moderately efficient.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Not all of it. Does anyone?
    What are your grades like? I'm currently on 73%, so just scraping a first.
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anamaria90)

I want to know how people rate of themselves as students. I know TSR tends to be full of very high achievers but I just wanted to get an idea of the proportion of geeks to lazy bums. So, what do you think you are?
    Only attend classes which I need to, most of my study is self-taught..
    Yes, only idiots miss deadlines..
    Im quite efficient, but sometimes forget to do work..
    i do quite a lot of out of class reading, but only stuff I enjoy..
    Grades are ok.. (for TSR)!

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Yes, but I don't come in many days, I've not been in for the past week
    Do you always give you work in on time? most of the time, lately nope
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? both, mainly last minute
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? i could do more
    What are your grades like? passable, not as good as i could do though

pass week has been awful, but other than that really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiny Dirt)
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Yes, but I don't come in many days, I've not been in for the past week
    Do you always give you work in on time? most of the time, lately nope
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? both, mainly last minute
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? i could do more
    What are your grades like? passable, not as good as i could do though

pass week has been awful, but other than that really good
    Thanks for asking. I think I am doing ok - I've been getting 2.1s mostly. However, last year I failed one of my exams which shook me up a bit. I wanted to know how other people are doing because recently I have been doubting whether I have the ability to do well in my degree and wanted to know if anyone else feels the same.

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? No. I was really bad last semester, I missed about a third of lectures. I'm trying to get 100% attendance this semester.
    Do you always give you work in on time? Yes. I have the fear.
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? A mix. If I really enjoy something I'll do it straight away but my best work does seem to be done under pressure sometimes.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Nowhere near.
    What are your grades like? First year I averaged a good 2:1 but so far in second year they've been all over the place I've learnt attendance =/= good marks.
    How well do you think you are doing in general? On the whole good but need to be more consistent.

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? all except one when my boyfriend moved in

Do you always give you work in on time? always

Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? reading is last minute but essays etc arent

Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? no, i hardly did any last year although this year i read at least one thing per lecture generally 2

What are your grades like? okish, im not failing anything but i want high 2.1s really and it seems the more effort i put in the worse the result which is a bit depressing..

How well do you think you are doing in general? ok, im not the perfect student but better than most

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.