Turn on thread page Beta

Are you a good student? watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? I attend about 80% of lectures
    Do you always give you work in on time? Yes, why lose marks unnecessarily?
    Are you an efficient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Neither, somewhere in the middle
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? No
    What are your grades like? In the mid 2:1 range
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Nowhere near as well as I could do. I don't seem to be motivated to do anything these days.

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes?
    yes. but how much attention I pay in them is completely different. I usually daydream..

Do you always give you work in on time?yes

Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute?
    allnighter every wed to hand in the work on thu

Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to?
    nope. I havent even looked at the reccommended reading list this term, and last term i did it once. I bought the books though

What are your grades like?
    theyre alright

How well do you think you are doing in general?
    Im doing ok, i need to be more organised and pay attention in lectures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anamaria90)
    Thanks for asking. I think I am doing ok - I've been getting 2.1s mostly. However, last year I failed one of my exams which shook me up a bit. I wanted to know how other people are doing because recently I have been doubting whether I have the ability to do well in my degree and wanted to know if anyone else feels the same.
    i've been feeling the same! normally i'm one of the top but lately it's gone down a lot, just hoping it's not just me feeling like a failure really :o:

ReputationRep:
    Kinda.
    My attendance is really low =/

ReputationRep:
    Do you always give you work in on time?

I want to know how people rate of themselves as students. I know TSR tends to be full of very high achievers but I just wanted to get an idea of the proportion of geeks to lazy bums. So, what do you think you are?
    a lazybum :p:

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? No, towards the end of last semester I only turnedup to seminars lol
    Do you always give you work in on time? Yeah just to get it over with
    Are you an efficient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Last minute ftw
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? No
    What are your grades like? Alright, I got good 2nds. But passing is only what matters atm
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Alright, no resits so i'm fine

ReputationRep:

I try to. I missed a few lectures last semester but I've been good this week. I'm at uni with a sore throat from karaoke looking like death warmed up :awesome:

Always. I'm a stickler for punctuality.

Efficient but last minute if there is such a thing. I work much better under pressure but as a consequence I usually lose a few marks

Mostly. I've done a bit of blagging on occasion

Lowest is a 2:2, highest is a 1st. I'm averaging a 2:1 though so not too bad

Much better than I thought!

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Yes.
    Do you always give you work in on time? Yes.
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? I have been known to procrastinate
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? In Spanish and Italian, yes.
    What are your grades like? Firsts and 2.1s
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Good, but could be better by not procrastinating so much.

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Yes (but my consciousness is present only at half of them :p: )
    Do you always give you work in on time? Almost always, yes
    Are you an efficient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? The last minute, of course
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Not really
    What are your grades like? The equivalent of lots of A*s :awesome:
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Have been getting more and more lazy lately, but pretty well in general

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Most of them. Sometimes miss seminars I hate but this is very rare.
    Do you always give you work in on time? Always, even if it's awful.
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Last minute, I need the fear.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Naaaaaaw.
    What are your grades like? Averaged 2:1 last year. Highest mark - 71/100. Lowest mark - 55/100
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Average. Could do better.

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Yes, I only skip the odd one here and there when I reaally cba.
    Do you always give you work in on time? Yep, even a day or two before the due date.
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Can be both.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? I try to, until it bores me to death.
    What are your grades like? Between really **** and excellent (got the whole range of classification from fail to 1st in my first year).
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Average. I could be doing a hell of a lot better if I did extra work.

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Mostly, but I do miss labs and lecture here and there.
    Do you always give you work in on time? Yup.
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? A bit of both.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Err about 70%, depends how boring the subject matter is. I despise journals.
    What are your grades like? Coursework/exam results, out of the 4 so far have resulted in 3 firsts and a 2:1 so not all bad. Alot better than previous years (when I did bugger all).
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Meh not too bad, need to stop procrastinating though!

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Yes
    Do you always give you work in on time? Yes
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? I generally procrastinate as much as possible.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Yes
    What are your grades like? Not entirely sure of their equivalent under the UK's grading system, but I'm in the top 10% of my class.
    How well do you think you are doing in general? I'm doing pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    no, im a naughty student

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? I attend the vast majority of them, but some days (like today :p: ) it just doesn't seem worth the effort so I don't bother.
    Do you always give you work in on time? Mostly yes, I don't like to miss deadlines.
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Fairly efficient, I don't like leaving things until the last minute.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Not really applicable, I don't study anything beyond the specifications.
    What are your grades like? Good I think, As and Bs so maybe average, but I don't necessarily have natural ability and do work for them so i'm happy.
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Good.

ReputationRep:
    -No
    -Yes
    -Mainly 'efficient'
    -No
    -Averagre to good (measured against fellow students)
    -Fine

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Nope. At undergrad, I was lucky to make half of them in a week. I'd often just take impromptu holidays.
    Do you always give you work in on time? Only if I lose marks for not doing so.
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Last minute. Including my 20,000 word dissertation.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? Nope.
    What are your grades like? I graduated with a high 2:i.
    How well do you think you are doing in general? I've never really felt the urge to compete academically. I think I do more than most students in contributing to the life of the university. It isn't just there for classes, you know...

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Nope but those I dont I have a note-taker
    Do you always give you work in on time? You have to or it doesnt get marked
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Bit of both
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? No but then I have problems with this
    What are your grades like? 2.1
    How well do you think you are doing in general? This year, not so good, but couldnt foresee the obstacles

I want to know how people rate of themselves as students. I know TSR tends to be full of very high achievers but I just wanted to get an idea of the proportion of geeks to lazy bums. So, what do you think you are? Used to be really good but encountered unusual difficulties that yet to be truly identified so I wouldnt have any idea
    See above

ReputationRep:

I want to know how people rate of themselves as students. I know TSR tends to be full of very high achievers but I just wanted to get an idea of the proportion of geeks to lazy bums. So, what do you think you are?
    overall i'd say I was an adverage student
    yes i attend all of my lectures and classes
    this year i've given in everything on time, 2nd year I missed a few deadlines though. bad idea
    I do both. I tend to do reading for essays in advance but leave the writing to the last min and its all too late and stressful
    I do very very little subject reading
    over 60% this year which is good. i'm waiting for a big project back and I always do badly on those so i'm not sure. I am on track for a 2:1 though
    I'm doing ok considering I still have a social life. I always feel guilty for not doing more work (like now I should be working on my diss) but as long as my marks come back ok its not too bad

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend all your lectures/classes? Usually, haven't went in the past 3 days though...
    Do you always give you work in on time? Aye, apart from that time I got the deadline wrong. The essay was completed a month in advance though...
    Are you an effcient worker or do you leave everything to the last minute? Quite efficient, got an essay due tomorrow that I'm in the process of doing, but I usually spread my work out. Did a 3,000 word tax law assignment in a weekend, right enough.
    Do you do all the subject reading you are supposed to? If I can get the books, usually yes. If not, I'll get by.
    What are your grades like? Average last year, scoring higher this year.
    How well do you think you are doing in general? Quite well, I wish I could up my work ethic though.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.