Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeonLorenzo)
    Yes, Ive heard of them, sadly.

It's easy to point out trends that would have been exploitable in hindsight, and to find ways to explain why they happened. But this story-telling is the job of news reporters and market commentators, not traders. Is that all you're offering me, one example?

MACD, just like all technical indicators, does what it is supposed to do which is to display what has already happened in another form. The thing doesn't tell you what is going to happen in the future.

Next you'll be telling me that am an idiot for not using Fib's.
    Sadly? So you ignore them completely? Maybe this is why you are in the red? Just maybe?

You just keep coming out with another stupid thing after the next. Do you think traders just get in one morning and have a play around without looking at any new information which may affect the markets? I can't believe I am hearing this lol you're just a loser and always will be unless you start taking these things into account.

One example is quite clearly enough to ruin your argument, so yes I am just giving you one example.

No indicator tells you what is going to happen in the future, thats why it is called an indicator and not a ******* time machine.

Yes course you're an idiot for not using fibs, like I said it just another indicator to take into account, its one of the weaker ones, but still should be observed at least.

Its quite clear that to other traders you now look like a fool, so probably time to leave mate. Bye.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly? So you ignore them completely? Maybe this is why you are in the red? Just maybe?
    Yes I ignore them because I could never prove that they can produce a positive expectancy. Who said I'm in the red?

You just keep coming out with another stupid thing after the next. Do you think traders just get in one morning and have a play around without looking at any new information which may affect the markets? I can't believe I am hearing this lol you're just a loser and always will be unless you start taking these things into account.
    I'll continue to be a loser as long as I continue not to take in to account the theories that are taught to the majority people who end up trading in the markets? The majority of market participants never make any money, and dint forget that many markets are a zero-sum game.

One example is quite clearly enough to ruin your argument, so yes I am just giving you one example.
    LOL. Now this is idiotic. How can you prove that the way you interpret fundamentals is profitable by showing one example of when things worked out? Thats worse than saying the probability of flipping a head is higher because it landed face up 2/3 times. You need a much larger sample size to prove anything.

No indicator tells you what is going to happen in the future, thats why it is called an indicator and not a ******* time machine
    So what are you saying is so great about the mac'd then? It's the most reliable indicator for showing what has happened in the past? You don't need an indicator to see what has happened.

Yes course you're an idiot for not using fibs, like I said it just another indicator to take into account, its one of the weaker ones, but still should be observed at least.
    Pull a fib on any chart with your eyes closed, and when you open them you will spot patterns. Their application is so open to interpretation its unlikely that a significant number of fib users are drawing them from the same points.

Its quite clear that to other traders you now look like a fool, so probably time to leave mate. Bye.
    I wouldn't expect the majority of traders to agree with me. Thats after all the nature of the game. Your either exploiting an inefficiency or providing liquidity for those who do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.