Turn on thread page Beta

I need advice on relationships watch

Hi folks,

Basically, after two very bad relationships (my first and second), and I went out of the game for some time, but things are looking up for your humble TSR'er.

So this girl has asked me out for a 'day out followed by dinner' (am I reading too much into that?), she's really sweet, really pretty and so clever! A good catch.

So, I don't know how to act on our date out. We talk for ages at night but neither of us have said anything sensual, she does say cute things like 'you've made my day today'.

Anyway, shall I just go a play it cool and expect nothing? or should I ask her about how she feels about me prior to the date?

Thaaanks!

ReputationRep:
    Go with the flow? Why do you want ruin it before you even go on your date? Dont do anything stupid.. let it flow naturally. Play it cool, be a gentleman, or w.e she likes. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    You're not reading too much into it

Don't do either. Don't play it so cool that she doesn't know you're interested or where she stands, but don't ask her outright how she's feeling. Just talk naturally, and flirt with her. If you feel something (within reason), say it. Think about how you feel when she says that you've made her day - just little things like that will help her to feel comfortable. I don't like it when people play games, all this "wait 4 days before ringing her", and "play hard to get" - just be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Have fun! Be yourself! As long as you're not an abusive and inconsiderate jerk, you'll do fine!

(And even abusive and inconsiderate jerks end up with girlfriends and wives... which is saddening to me, but anyways

GOOD LUCK!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, play it cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyway, shall I just go a play it cool and expect nothing? or should I ask her about how she feels about me prior to the date?
    I wouldn’t do either.

Beforehand: Dress well, smell alluring. Think up a nice subtle and indirect way to offer to pay the bill. Have some interesting and funny stories to tell if it goes quiet between you.

During: Be a little bold and in a sort of “this could save us both some time later” way ask her what she has going for her as a person (beyond looks and whatever she studies or does for a job), make her try to impress you. Don’t stare at her boobs/ass/body even for a second. Make sure to have those “looking into her eyes” moments but don’t let it go on too long. Put on some lip balm after you have finished. The most important things are not to forget to smile and actually listen to what she is saying, basic but important :yep:.

After: Have a mint and offer her one. Think of something to say that will lead in to kissing her. Make the kiss short and comfortable, don’t linger unless she comes back for more.

With any luck you'll have been such a charming young man that she'll want more, a lot more :woo:.

ReputationRep:
    I lost concentration after "Hi folks".

Get out, redneck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2010
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.