Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know the deadline for booking summer (2010) exams, both AS and A2? Has it passed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    Does anybody know the deadline for booking summer (2010) exams, both AS and A2? Has it passed?
    Clicky.

AFAIK, the dates are the same for all boards. For AQA, as per the link above, the last date for entries before late entry fees become due is 21 March 2010.

ReputationRep:
    Just to add to this, I'm a gap year student and I'm doing some retakes this year to get my grades up. I've already had three in January and have two more scheduled for June. However, after considering it I want to do another retake in June so that it would be three (increasing my chance of getting an A). Because it will be a legacy paper (it's OCR Religious Studies) by the way, I was wondering if anyone knew if I could apply for a late entry?

I've looked on the website and couldn't really find anything (can't navigate a website at all), I'm willing to be extra and I'm guessing it will be about £40. I would ask my old sixth form but they aren't particularly receptive to external candidates asking them about exams when they already have enough nagging students so I don't want to add to their load.

Thanks for any potential help or links etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    Just to add to this, I'm a gap year student and I'm doing some retakes this year to get my grades up. I was wondering if anyone knew if I could apply for a late entry?
    Illusionary already posted that the deadline for normal entry is in March, so if you enter now it wouldn't be a late entry.......

I would ask my old sixth form but they aren't particularly receptive to external candidates asking them about exams when they already have enough nagging students so I don't want to add to their load.
    Do you suppose any other school or college doesn't also have enough nagging students? Your best chance of acceptance is your old sixth form so do try them first. Otherwise you need to get on the phones to exams officers and ask them if they plan to offer the papers you want and if they'll accept you. Be prepared to make A LOT of calls.

Your alternatives if you are in/near London are private places like North London College or if cash is no problem then Duff Miller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Illusionary already posted that the deadline for normal entry is in March, so if you enter now it wouldn't be a late entry.......

Do you suppose any other school or college doesn't also have enough nagging students? Your best chance of acceptance is your old sixth form so do try them first. Otherwise you need to get on the phones to exams officers and ask them if they plan to offer the papers you want and if they'll accept you. Be prepared to make A LOT of calls.

Your alternatives if you are in/near London are private places like North London College or if cash is no problem then Duff Miller.
    Thanks for that. No, I didn't mean they wouldn't want me doing the exam through them, it's just that they don't like people asking them for details etc (particularly mood-swinging woman that works there).

Yeah I did see illusionaries post but I wasn't sure if he meant external candidates as I assume it's different because I'll be doing a legacy exam and this is the last time they are available.

ReputationRep:
    (particularly mood-swinging woman that works there).

I assume it's different because I'll be doing a legacy exam and this is the last time they are available.
    Same date as far as examiners are concerned and so their fee should not be affected but school/college sets their own internal admin deadlines (and external fee) and may as you say set an earlier date for legacy.

Good luck

ReputationRep:

Same date as far as examiners are concerned and so their fee should not be affected but school/college sets their own internal admin deadlines (and external fee) and may as you say set an earlier date for legacy.

Good luck
    Yeah cool thanks, just having an e-mail discussion with one of the OCR staff now to see if the paper I want to do is available etc and cost.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah cool thanks, just having an e-mail discussion with one of the OCR staff now to see if the paper I want to do is available etc and cost.
    le
    Timetable:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin...e_jun_2010.pdf

ReputationRep:
    le
    Timetable:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin...e_jun_2010.pdf
    ha yeah that's exactly what the guy on the email told me. All sorted now, just for anyone else that ever reads this wanting to know the same thing, it costs the same up until the 21st March.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.