Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have a Relationship with Jesus watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im not religeous, religion is dead to me.. im a non legalistic Christian who has a growing relationship with Jesus and has saw him do amazing things in my life and with others. The Church I go to sings Hillsongs like rock worship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLxPByRZjg Its AWESOME. Our church is radical and has over 100 youth members. Its update and amazing. Does anyone eles share this ? I Just get this idea that people think Christians are middle class wolly wearing jumper boring people.

ReputationRep:
    Thats quite a good song! And it definately beats your stereotypical Christian music scene ..

But what I dont understand is how you say your not religious, yet have a relationship with Jesus and the Christian faith?

Either way, you seem happy about it so good for you! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazr)
    Im not religeous, religion is dead to me.. im a non legalistic Christian who has a growing relationship with Jesus and has saw him do amazing things in my life and with others. The Church I go to sings Hillsongs like rock worship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLxPByRZjg Its AWESOME. Our church is radical and has over 100 youth members. Its update and amazing. Does anyone eles share this ? I Just get this idea that people think Christians are middle class wolly wearing jumper boring people.
    Bit of a contradiction, no?

ReputationRep:
    :yy: dichr0ic likes this.

ReputationRep:
    Churches are not 'radical'.

ReputationRep:
    pics or gtfo

ReputationRep:
    You quite obiously have a Relationship with Jesus, which means you share in the Faith and consequently the Religion.

Religion does not just pertain to Organization despite whatever "Im free" ideals you may have, dont be so quick to push aside Organization as being intrinsically evil.

Also yes, my Church also has a Live band which plays a lot of Modern Christian Worship and Rock music(Im in it, woop de woop) and yea there is a lot of good Youth and Community work going on within it, so im with you there brother!

Good Christian Music? Try Underoath!! or Saviour Machine

ReputationRep:
    Hah Im not religeous.... I have a relationship with god its simple. If you dont understand im sorry http://www.gotquestions.org/personal...-with-God.html read this for answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazr)
    Hah Im not religeous.... I have a relationship with god its simple. If you dont understand im sorry http://www.gotquestions.org/personal...-with-God.html read this for answers.
    If you believe in god strongly enough to think you have a relationship with him, then you are religious. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazr)
    Yet your faith and relationship around Jesus Christ, and the Doctrine that was chosen , assembled and bound by Organized Religion.

You may have a personal Relationship with God, but this also makes you Religious.

You are religious.

I have a relationship with Jesus too. But it's genuinely not religious. It's anal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syrokal)
    Try Underoath!!
    like i said, leave your baggage at the back door :music:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I am passionate about Jesus and though I don't seem radical, I am empassioned about telling others about Christ and acting on it.

I love hillsong, and 'mighty to save' is one of their best.

Op, read "irresistable revolution" by shane clariborne. I think you will enjoy it.

I went to a Christian music festival last summer and the music was amazing and all genres, check out, "august burns red" and "devil wears prada"

ReputationRep:
    I don't care what you do, so long as you keep your faith personal.

ReputationRep:
    So. how was he in the sack?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious. My relationship with Jesus is extremely spiritual and I have the Holy "Spirit" indwelling me. I don't feel the need to follow a set of rituals or ceremonies. That is not my relationship with my Lord and Savior. I just wanted to set the record straight that I don't think of true Christians as "religious" and they have a incredibly "spiritual" relationship with our Creator. To me "religious" implies an outward showing of your beliefs through rituals whereas "spiritual" is the inner relationship with your beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    Be careful. Jesus can turn nasty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazr)
    Yes you are religious despite what Terry Virgo and the rest of Newfrontiers tell you. You are simply told you are not 'religious' as to appeal to other young people. It's just the same as Christian rock and rap groups think they can lure teens into the new 'youth' church. They say its different and free from the boundries of Methodists when in reality it is still Homophomic, condescending and self rightous.
    But great you have a relationship with jesus but please stop the PR. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazr)
    I'm not religious. My relationship with Jesus is extremely spiritual and I have the Holy "Spirit" indwelling me. I don't feel the need to follow a set of rituals or ceremonies. That is not my relationship with my Lord and Savior. I just wanted to set the record straight that I don't think of true Christians as "religious" and they have a incredibly "spiritual" relationship with our Creator. To me "religious" implies an outward showing of your beliefs through rituals whereas "spiritual" is the inner relationship with your beliefs.

Ahh i see, so your working of your own Definition of the word, and not what the rest of the World thinks. Bear in mind Jesus himself set down a few of the Rituals you shun.

Adtionally be very careful about lablling people "True Christians" as you will be walking a dangerous path Allways remember Matthew 7:1(i think)
    Do not judge, or you too will be judged

And do not downplay the Connection other's have with Jesus and place the love and connection you have with him, on a mighty pedestal above all others, you will only have further to fall.

Just a few pointers there on your "Spirituality"

ReputationRep:
    Im on fire for god and he loves you no more than he loves me. I take his word I read it and putit into play. I follow him. I try not to judge but no ones perfect even christians.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.