The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I understand what you're saying about not being religious.
Syrokal
You quite obiously have a Relationship with Jesus, which means you share in the Faith and consequently the Religion.

Religion does not just pertain to Organization despite whatever "Im free" ideals you may have, dont be so quick to push aside Organization as being intrinsically evil.

Also yes, my Church also has a Live band which plays a lot of Modern Christian Worship and Rock music(Im in it, woop de woop) and yea there is a lot of good Youth and Community work going on within it, so im with you there brother!

Good Christian Music? Try Underoath!! or Saviour Machine

The Underground at Greenbelt - swear underoath have played there!!
hehe.

OP, I understand what you mean by religious, (or at least can guess) I'm guessing you mean you don't conform to the general consensus of what a religious person is.

Having a relationship with Jesus will strike changes in you - people tell me I've changed and I'm so pleased I have.. finally stopped going off the rails!!

I'm so glad you are enjoying your church - you should give greenbelt a try one year, it is really good fun with music, talks art and a lot more - Thank you for sharing this :smile:

love rainbowbex
cool:smile: Im not wanting to sound like a mad women btw im just telling people about my faith and stuff:smile:
Reply 23
Well, you can take jesus and shove him.
tradingmyheartforyours
Yeah, I am passionate about Jesus and though I don't seem radical, I am empassioned about telling others about Christ and acting on it.

I love hillsong, and 'mighty to save' is one of their best.

Op, read "irresistable revolution" by shane clariborne. I think you will enjoy it. :smile:

I went to a Christian music festival last summer and the music was amazing and all genres, check out, "august burns red" and "devil wears prada"

:biggrin:

which festival?????? :biggrin:
Reply 26
'imbued with or exhibiting religion; pious; devout; godly' - hmm, maybe not then!
Yazr
cool:smile: Im not wanting to sound like a mad women btw im just telling people about my faith and stuff:smile:

nah don't worry, its exciting when its new! :smile:

PM me if you ever wanna chat about faith-stuff, though I'm sure you get plenty of support + fellowship within your church, I'm sad to admit that churches don't always give this and I think its really important for growing Christians!

Sometimes it is also just nice to know that there is always someone you can go to when you're having a faith crisis.

much xtian love x
Jesus us going to have a relationship with the back of my hand if he doesn't start teaching his sheep to be quiet.
Thanks for the support guys :smile:
Urgh, happy clappy youth Christianity.
Reply 31
Yazr
X

It's pure delusion. I don't doubt a physchiatrist would attribute it to some deep, subconcious desire for friendship/love. It's a shame this desire has to manifest itself via imaginary means rather than healthy reality.
Reply 32
Bloody happy-clappy brigade. You lot of nutters give everyone else a bad name.

It's embarrassing that you buy into the early-80s psychological profiling that young people can be sold anything if they're told they're not conforming, and with a bit of 'rock' music thrown in. Now piss off to your 'mission', I hope you choke on your cheese toasties.
L i b
Bloody happy-clappy brigade. You lot of nutters give everyone else a bad name, it's embarrassing.

Seriously.

:lttd:
Reply 34
I would prefer person going to mass every weeks than this close to fanatic religiousness.
Yazr

Mad? Maybe not.

Bloody annoying? Most definintely.
Hahah its not just youth ya know, many "happy clappy" churches with all ages. its awesome.
Reply 37
Yazr
Hah Im not religeous.... I have a relationship with god its simple. If you dont understand im sorry http://www.gotquestions.org/personal-relationship-with-God.html read this for answers.

Which 'god'?
Yazr
Hahah its not just youth ya know, many "happy clappy" churches with all ages. its awesome.

Yeah, I went to school for a few years with the likes of you.

Bloody saddos, the lot of them.

Thank **** for liberal Christians which put these zealots to shame.
Aeolus
It's pure delusion. I don't doubt a physchiatrist would attribute it to some deep, subconcious desire for friendship/love. It's a shame this desire has to manifest itself via imaginary means rather than healthy reality.

Ironic that you have a quote from one of the best known theologians in your signature then. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending